Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   301 redirect old domain to a new domain without compromising SEO? (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=160231)

danielnash 10-30-2015 05:46 AM

301 redirect old domain to a new domain without compromising SEO?

Hello Guys,

I want to 301 redirect old domain to a new domain name without compromising SEO; our Keywords are in good ranking. Please tell me how I can do this without losing keyword rankings.

Thanks!!

HindiMePadhe 08-03-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielnash (Post 507006)
Hello Guys,

I want to 301 redirect old domain to a new domain name without compromising SEO; our Keywords are in good ranking. Please tell me how I can do this without losing keyword rankings.

Thanks!!

Just 2 days ago I have redirected Permanent 301 from technologhindi. com to https://www.hindimepadhe.net but no redirection is working properly. If it does, then just redirecting from the old article to the new article on the homepage itself is not being redirected.

Please help me if I have processed correctly to redirect the old domain to the new domain.

First taken the domain.
Addon Domain Add Cpanel log in to new domain.
Later on the old domain c panel logged in the redirect set to the new domain.
Then copy the files of all old domains to the new domain's root folder public html and paste it into the new domain,
Then paste the redirect code to the .htaccess file,
All old domain urls have been replaced with new plugin plugin.

But it did not work even after processing all this and in the Google Search Concept Purchase, there is no 301 proper way during the Change Of Address. It is showing what to do so please help.

toursinfijiseo 08-03-2018 09:37 PM

Simply put 301 redirect here to destination domain, Google or other search engines will understand automatically understand it and start ranking your new domain instead of this.

RH-Calvin 11-14-2019 12:19 AM

301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

buyinstagram 11-29-2019 11:56 PM

A redirect sends users (and search engines) to a different URL from the one they ... but are not recommended as an SEO tactic due to poor usability and the loss of link ... purposefully doesn't want to pass link equity from the old page to the new. ... For more on moving sites, see Achieving an SEO-Friendly Domain Migration: ...

parkbogumm830 12-26-2019 04:43 AM

Don’t just 301 redirect the domain to the new domain and call it a day. Make sure to redirect every page on your original website to appropriate and relevant pages on your new website. If certain pages do not have a place or you do not want to redirect them, make sure they are sent to a customized 404 page on your new site. Don’t forget about proper site architecture and user experience among many other factors when performing all of this and keep track of which pages on your old site have valuable links to them when deciding which pages to redirect or send to a 404.

iastitlesearch 12-27-2019 05:38 AM

I agree with the @RH-Calvin point.

sudeepkhana 12-27-2019 11:14 AM

redirect with sortner

Dubai tour packages | Dubai tour packages in cheap price

PeterGenesis 12-28-2019 07:11 AM

Redirect with Bit.ly or any other Url Shortening Service.

buyinstagram 01-09-2020 05:30 AM

To setup a permanent 301 redirect, you need to connect to your old site using FTP and edit the . htaccess file. Note: Replace newsite.com with your new domain in the above code. Once you have applied these changes, then visit your old domain name.

Dev Tyagi 01-13-2020 10:19 PM

Helpful information post.