Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   HTML / DHTML (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is CSS (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=136911)

singhpihu90 11-20-2013 11:17 PM

What is CSS

What is CSS and what is use of CSS in html?

dicksonavenue 11-21-2013 12:02 AM

Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used to determine the appearance of HTML pages in a browser. They provide an easy way to change the visual appearance of a group of HTML files without changing each individual file. CSS allows the separation of web page content (i.e., the text of a page) from the way that the content is displayed (i.e., the font, size and color of the text).

bluesuedemovie 11-21-2013 02:49 AM

Cascading Style Sheets is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation semantics of a document written in a markup language. ...

NicholasCage 12-16-2013 10:34 AM

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet.

mtubuzz 02-04-2014 05:05 AM

Cascading style sheets.It is responsible for appearance of the web page.

anuverma1 02-04-2014 05:08 AM

CSS stand for cascading style sheet.It is use for decorate our page. like we can set font, color, background and many more...

johansmith 02-06-2014 04:36 AM

Its just a style sheet that contain all the information about webpage such as margin, color, font style etc.

Shanmuga Nathan 02-07-2014 04:07 AM

I am really getting tired when I am looking this kind of repeated basic questions.

anuverma1 02-08-2014 04:07 AM

CSS stands for cascading style sheet.
These are used for give styles to text or images.

MichaelHolloman 02-12-2014 10:13 PM

Said by all above it is Cascading style sheet. The latest version of CSS is CSS3.
Here is an example of the code.
body
{
background-color:green;
}
h1
{
color: orange;
text-align:center;
}
p
{
font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-size:20px;
}

CSS is embedded with HTML by :

rahulchopra580 02-16-2014 10:58 AM

CSS is cascading style sheet...It is used for formatting of a website..

laurielee 02-16-2014 11:40 AM

css is Cascading Style Sheets it use of html designing

bred 02-24-2014 12:55 AM

CSS is useful for making layout of web pages, for example setting, header, body with several containers, and footer. It is very important because layouts made in it do not get distorted when you magnify using Ctrl of mouse roll or Ctrl and + keys. If we use only HTML for creating layouts, their tables, images and body, will get distortion during magnifying a webpage. It is the main reason why we us CSS. The other main benefit of this is that if you want any change then you have to make a change in one document only, all web pages of the site will follow it and show the effect.

alligatortek001 02-26-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholasCage (Post 355142)
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet.

CSS:
Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used to determine the appearance of HTML pages in a browser. They provide an easy way to change the visual appearance of a group of HTML files without changing each individual file
Usage:
Before CSS, nearly all of the presentation attributes of HTML documents were contained within the HTML markup; all font colors, background styles, element alignments, borders and sizes had to be explicitly described, often repeatedly, within the HTML. CSS allows authors to move much of that information to another file, the style sheet, resulting in considerably simpler HTML.

alligatortek001 03-17-2014 12:54 AM

Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used to determine the appearance of HTML pages in a browser. They provide an easy way to change the visual appearance of a group of HTML files without changing each individual file. CSS allows the separation of web page content (i.e., the text of a page) from the way that the content is displayed (i.e., the font, size and color of the text).