Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The power of forum signature links (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=52348)

kajal.pillai22 11-08-2011 07:57 AM

The power of forum signature links

Forum Signature Links are one of the quickest and most effective ways of getting your site either listed or increased in link value by the major search engines Many forum webmasters are happy for you to use this service provided you create useful posts on their forums

The forums should be checked that they allow forum signature links and that those signature links are proven to show in Google and or Yahoo as backlinks (and we can then assume )other major search engines

Many forums allow other types of website promotion which could be worth the small amount of time and effort to get involved and check the potential. Also don't forget the value of a profile page, forums which allow signature spidering, often also allow profiles to be indexed by search engines, this is particularly true of VBulletin Forums

Webmasters can change rules very quickly, so you may find you will have to do a certain number of posts to get a signature ( most common)

There are also technical reasons why some forums will show more backlinks from a post signature
(bearing in mind as links can take a long time to show up as links in the Search Engines) than another post or forum. A good rule of thumb is to post regularly in popular threads on popular forum categories where possible

The benefits of a well ranked forum signature are particularly useful for new domains or websites as search robots index many of these forums on a daily basis and will pick links up to your site or domain very quickly , back links in Google ( for instance ) may take months to show , but the effect of them should be in evidence in a short time

Forum signature links will have a short useful life unless regular posting is maintained ( the value of receiving traffic just from forum users can also be valuable)The best strategy is to also register the site link with other useful sources ( particularly well search engine valued directories)

My own testing has found that MSN and Yahoo will index and add a Forum signature URL to their listings far quicker than Google , which seems to like to find several sources of linking before it will be added for good

There are hundreds of forums you could join and add you signature to and perhaps become part of, best to find a number that suit your needs and make useful posts on a regular basis

Online_Loan 11-09-2011 02:46 AM

good post. i want to asked you one question is, if i insert my signature in post then it will give same benefit like signature or not.

serena85 11-09-2011 03:50 AM

I do not thin they have the same power as they use to.

gabrielnagy 11-09-2011 05:19 PM

But still working...because are links from good PR sites..

shockgarden143 11-14-2011 04:22 AM

Superb post and very informative.It is really useful for me.

Mantix 11-14-2011 04:37 AM

nice, thx for the info

bloogy 11-14-2011 06:25 AM

they are a decent source of links, good value in a varied backlinking campaign.

emailmarketing1 11-14-2011 11:00 PM

good post..ur information is quiet useful for SEO

AmitThapa 11-15-2011 12:27 AM

Very useful Information to share with us.That's really helpful to increase our Business visibility on Search engines Listings.

areeshanoor2020 04-14-2014 10:09 AM

I want to ask a question.
Can I attach signature in every reply or post.
and how many links I can add in signature

areeshanoor2020 04-14-2014 10:17 AM

Nice Post. Very useful for me. I was searching for this about half an hour

Bunga01 12-11-2014 03:56 AM

Nice information

jobtardisport 12-11-2014 11:16 AM

It drives traffic and valuable link to the site

atnetindia 12-12-2014 03:56 AM

Great information.

JeanetteKolb 12-12-2014 04:34 AM

Forum hosting is very powerful, one can get traffic very fastly if the post done is genuine and according to the topic. Forum links are mostly used in SEO strategy to increase the traffic.