Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   Hosting Discussion (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what is VPS and window hosting? (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=64653)

noahwilson 04-26-2013 05:05 AM

what is VPS and window hosting?

Hello Guys,
what is VPS and Window hosting, And what is the different between ? I am no have more knowledge about hosting. so let me help to know about that. so pleases share your reviews and suggestion.
Thanks

Grignard 05-07-2013 01:14 AM

If you are looking for reliable windows VPS you should go with AJKservers.co.uk solutions. You will receive high stability and useful features.
May also name Aspnix.com services to use. You will be pleased with their affordable plans and helpful support.

Edmund 05-13-2013 01:31 AM

I suppose you should compare offers and choose the suitable one. I know that Zeropid is offering high quality services and featured stable plans for low prices.

Gorrilas 05-17-2013 01:30 AM

My preferable option to get VPS based on windows and linux is Aspnix. Their stability is highest, servers are rock-solid and support is always ready to help.

zitam 05-20-2013 03:48 AM

VPS Hosting has better security because of its self-dependency. That is because every virtual server uses its own resources and OS, it can be rebooted and configured absolutely independently from the other virtual machines and it’s not affected by other users’ actions. Self-dependency makes VPS Hosting more secure than shared web hosting.

Infinite 05-24-2013 02:22 AM

According to many customer hosting reviews ChicagoVPS.net IT technicians are well-trained and absolutely committed to their clients' satisfaction. Uptime is 99.9% and performance is highest according to various tests.

johnstyle 06-25-2014 10:52 PM

VPS hosting gives you more power than traditional hosting. It’s a virtual machine sold as a service by an internet hosting service.on the other hand many people think they need to get windows hosting because their desktop computer is windows. A window server is very different that a window desktop and most your interaction with your web server will be through FTP or a web interface anyway.

peterfreddy 06-26-2014 09:20 PM

A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so can install almost any software that runs on that OS.
Windows hosting is the OS platform used to host a website. You can use a VPS server with Windows hosting or Linux hosting. That is your wish.
You can best deals on VPS hosting from TheWebPole.com . This web host provides a wide range of low cost VPS hosting plans with various configuration. You can choose an appropriate plan which suits your hosting needs. All the VPS hosting plans include 3 dedicated IPs, FTP access, Bandwidth overage protection and many more.

Greg-Netost 06-26-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahwilson (Post 260585)
Hello Guys,
what is VPS and Window hosting, And what is the different between ? I am no have more knowledge about hosting. so let me help to know about that. so pleases share your reviews and suggestion.
Thanks

In VPS(Virtual private sector) Hosting your resources are not shared with other users which provides you better flexibility and power. It also provides you with better performance and reliability.

Windows Hosting is hosting a website on a windows platform which is mostly used for ASP coding language. Its can also be called as a windows shared hosting where your resources are shared with other users as well.

VPS is usually opted for when your site needs more resources than a shared hosting provided.

omprakash9 10-01-2014 03:25 PM

Nice post,thanks for posting

mollywilson866 11-29-2015 11:12 PM

Windows vps means a Virtual Private Server that runs the operating system as Windows Server.