Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums

Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums (http://siteownersforums.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://siteownersforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The length of river Brahmaputra (http://siteownersforums.com/showthread.php?t=202976)

davestephans 09-30-2017 06:26 AM

The length of river Brahmaputra

Student Table Tennis Activists Foundation

The Need: As a nationally-ranked table tennis player and the Georgia Table Tennis Men's Singles winner, I have learned joys and valuable lessons during this wonderful game. Table tennis has instilled in me the values of hard work, sportsmanship, and keeping up a healthy lifestyle. According to Health Fitness Revolution, table tennis is your"life sport" that improves hand-eye coordination and reflexes in all ages. In reality, it is an especially productive sport in individuals with bone or muscle issues like muscular dystrophy or arthritis since it's secure and easy on the joints. Table tennisalso develops psychological acuity by stimulating different areas of the brain as well as developing long-term memory. Click here to visit ping pong site, all you need available here.

Anticipating shots uses the prefrontal cortex for strategic planning, coordinating movements leverages the hippocampus, fine motor movements engages the primary motor complicated and cerebellum. However, in spite of its many positive aspects, many individuals either do not know about the nature of competitive table tennis or do not know how to pursue it athletically. Yet, table tennis is one of the most accessible sports to all socioeconomic classes and also to individuals that are young, old, or disabled. I created Student Table Tennis Activists Foundation (STTAF) to utilize table tennis to handle health and educational topics in Atlanta and also to share my passion with others.

The consequences: In STTAF, we've expanded cultural exposure to aggressive table tennis by creating and managing table tennis teams in six high schools and other disenfranchised regions in Georgia and coordinating annual charity"Pong4Change" championships with over 200 participants (including Olympians) annually. We've increased $7,300 through Pong4Change, offered over 8,000 hours of free coaching, and supplied tables and equipment to over eight community facilities, devoting 300 paddles into the Agape Center of Atlanta along with the Boys & Girls Club of ATL to ensure that over 1,500 of youth--a number of whom are disabled--have an opportunity to find table tennis and how to choose the right ping pong paddle newest.

Besides the quantitative impact we've made in terms of viewers, time and monetary contributions, we also have continued a big cultural impact in the Atlanta metropolitan community. Over 80% of our audience, team, and board are cultural and religious minorities, mostly Asian (Chinese and Indian), African American, and Jewish. This is because we've locations that serve these communities in Atlanta (e.g. the metro Atlanta place serves a primarily African American audience). In my view, the cultural mixing pot has become easily the most fascinating part of our work since we have many chances to discuss cultures and attain rare learnings. For example, at our final charity tournament in the Center, we obtained attendees and players in inner city Atlanta along with the suburbs--two quite different demographics--to play in front of the Jewish community in Atlanta. Or last year's Junior Olympics excursion: half of our team was African American students who picked up a paddle within the previous couple of years through after-school programming, and we managed to get trophy.

The Process: To prepare our annual fundraiser last year, our team managed logistics, programming, and fundraising. The biggest problem we faced was enrollment, since we were a new company. Having a month before the tournament, we just had about 20 players signed up. To expand marketing, I distributed flyers at over 20 schools and neighborhood centres, got my friends/family to article on social media and invite their friends to join, and organized bargains with coaches/sports stores to provide discounts/deals to participants, that enables players to combine.

In general, we operate with 12 adults who direct portions of their programming. Our key centers for running our program are Chastain Park in Atlanta, Cone Park in metro-Atlanta, the Jewish Community Center of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Marietta Sports, and Atlanta Chinatown (in the Chamblee area). In every one of these locations we serve 150-300 consistent players both young and old. The majority of our programming is based on the weekends (such as Saturday mornings), and our team divides and operates with local coaches, parents, and table tennis enthusiasts to operate programming that offers recreational activities for all ages as well as training with best ping pong robots ping pong start. In certain locations, we employ professional coaches. A few of the places, such as Marietta, were launched all by our staff and board. Other locations, like Chastain Park or the JCC, needed programs, and our team came in to support and expand the present applications and use the present athletes and administrators. We hope to reach ten high schools or community centers this year.

Elsha 09-30-2017 07:24 AM

1,802 kilometer.