View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 03:38 AM   #10
VictorHill

Depends on the game! I think that there's many games where a smartphones simplistic interface, as well as the touch screen, make them more enjoyable than playing on a computer would be. However, there are also many games that are too complex to be simplified down to a mobile app. I mainly think that phone games should stay mobile only, and PC games shouldn't be played on the phone. The example that comes to mind immediately is Terraria. I've played it on all 4 of its platforms that have content differences. PC, console (XBox 360), 3DS (Actually a 2DS but the concept is the same), and mobile. The game, I believe, is best played on PC, followed by console, with 3DS and mobile tying for worst. Terraria is such a complex, content rich game where you can die quite easily, and even just navigating your world can take quick thinking and strategy. Trying to put that kind of game on a smartphone or 3DS, with their clumsy, imprecise controls, is a recipe for disaster. So really, whether I prefer PC or smartphone all depends on the game I'm playing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
VictorHill is offline   Reply With Quote