Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > Review My Website

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
corwinm

Shopping Comparison Site

My site: http://idealchooser.com it's a shopping comparison and price alert site.

It's my first site ever, so I'd be happy to get some advice.

Don't spare my feelings, I'm working on my site, not my ego

Any tip will be great, it's already up and running, but very few people took the time to make comments and I'm sure it could be better.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by corwinm; 11-25-2011 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Try inserting a link without getting "bad word" warning
corwinm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
AllThingsLuxury

I'll definitely take a look around and let you know what I think. I run a Jewelry website, and actually use a few price comparison shopping sites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

AllThingsLuxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
corwinm

Thanks! I checked out your Jewelry site and it looks like you really know what you are doing. Would love your expert feedback.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
AllThingsLuxury

Thanks Corwin, I've seen your comments, and appreciate them very much. I was looking at your site and was wondering where "Merchants" can list their product feeds on your site. Does it work like Nextag and Shopzilla or is there a different method to putting products on your site?

-

AllThingsLuxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
corwinm

Thanks for checking it out. The short answer is that I haven't implemented this yet.

It's on my list of things to do, but currently I'm getting my products using existing feeds of some of the major providers. I don't feel that I have enough traffic yet to really be a major selling point for merchants, but it looks like I'm heading in this direction.

If I had to make an educated guess, it'll be there in about a month.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
michelleweb

"http://idealchooser.com" seems like shopping search engine. And you mentioned
"Search for any product. Get an alert when a lower price is advertised anywhere. " but where is option to subscribe i did't get.

- Specializes in Web and Multimedia Development services.
michelleweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
malinens

Links (or these tag cloud inputs) should have cursor: pointer CSS attribute.

To get profesionally looking website use http://colorschemedesigner.com/ to select colours (you can change it by clicking: RGB: FF0000 text).

Don't use serif fonts! Use only sans-serif fonts, like Verdana, Helvetica!

Logo should be clickable.

Do not show pagination when there are no results found.
malinens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
corwinm

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the time you took and the suggestions, it really helps.

@Michelle
The idea is that you first search for a product, next you get a list of possible ones and after selecting the exact product you are interested in, you can add an alert to get an email when lower prices for your product are advertised. Do you think it's somehow confusing? I'm not sure how this can be changed because you have to find what you are looking for first. Any suggestions or comments about this will be appreciated.

@Malinens
Great tips! some of which I got from a professional web designer who reviewed my site. I also took some of your suggestion and already implemented and deployed it. That was VERY helpful, I really appreciate it! Thanks a lot.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
stn003

I like the idea, if i am honest i think the site looks a little dated, but more importantly, there isn't any call to action on the front page, by that i mean that there is nothing that grabs my attention and makes me want to go any further. I like the idea and even followed so of the links i just think it needs to be a little more modern looking and grab your attention as soon as you land.

I also think having some form of signup for on the front page with a category list would be quite good, to to invoke visitors to interact.

stn003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:14 AM   #10
serena85

Well I think it is a great site and you have done a great job.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
corwinm

Thanks guys.

@stn003
Good feedback, I'll try to come up with some new ideas to make it more inviting. Categories is definitely something I'm thinking of implementing. Thanks a lot.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
Die_heart

Thanks for sharing.........

Die_heart is offline   Reply With Quote