Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
eigeehte

How to move my site to a new domain?

I am planning to change my domain because of a redesign of my site, I want to think about doing this in two phases: first, move my site; and second, launch my redesign. How to move my site to a new domain?
eigeehte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
storminternet

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigeehte View Post
I am planning to change my domain because of a redesign of my site, I want to think about doing this in two phases: first, move my site; and second, launch my redesign. How to move my site to a new domain?
I am not sure on which platform your website is currently being hosted. But many webhosting control panel like cPanel, Plesk provides the facility to rename the domain. In just one click you can rename the domain.

If you are looking for copy the data from old domain to new domain then I would suggest you to use ftp or better to take help of your host.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Lifetime Hosting:
ISPA Award Winner: 2013-Best SME Hosting| 2014-Best Dedicated Hosting
Join the Storm Web Hosting
and get 20% of the sale value
storminternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #3
flashcontent

it's depending on your platform.
but you have to add your add-on domain first, and point it to your web directory. just make sure there is no old anchor link that pointing to your old domain.
flashcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Shamildx

you can use 301 permanent redirect for old domain to new domain

|
Shamildx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
4goodhosting

You host should help you to do it.
4goodhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
michael clay

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigeehte View Post
hi
designing of website is not an important, after you buy a domain redesign your website and whenever you want to host is possible , so first you can buy domains at thewebpole.com at cheapest cost and then you can launch or host your site after completed fully. i prefer this provider is best for plans and also provide some extra services for free ...

Last edited by michael clay; 07-19-2012 at 09:07 PM..
michael clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #7
zitam

Hi, i would suggest that you better use 301 redirect to your new website which will redirect your content to new site..

:: India's Best Web Hosting company

Drupal Hosting -

Last edited by zitam; 07-25-2012 at 04:50 AM..
zitam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
helpmeplease

Goo sharing............
helpmeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #9
pdcom

ssl certificate providers
review bluehost
alternative to google adsense
paypal competitors
newsletter plugin wordpress

Last edited by pdcom; 07-08-2015 at 10:42 AM..
pdcom is offline   Reply With Quote