Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Google

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
bobo.cx

Blogging as an seo method, do you allow COMMENTS or not????

Hi people,

I am looking at using blogging on my site to increase rankings, to get repeat visitors,

Ideally it will also allow me to talk about my dog walking experiences.

Blogging can do all of these things, but I am using Joomla and not sure of whether the default module for blogging works well enough. Sure i can use it, but i dont want to do a few months then have to convert to something that really works well.

The major question I have is whether to allow comments or not. If I allow comments I might get more visitors, but they might just be spammers looking to put their URL up. And I will have to moderate yes?
If i dont allow comments, I may not get any repeat visitors ...

Does anyone have a view on how to manage blogging from an seo point of view?

Many Thanks ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobo.cx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
bsbhupendra771

Definitively blogging will give you more visitor and i think you should allow comment, but use good plugin for spamming .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
bsbhupendra771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
C.Rebecca

If you ask me, the positives of blog commenting overpower the pain involved in moderation. The comments sometimes (unknowingly) let you target some really profitable keywords...

To combat spam, you may:
- Nofollow blog comments
- Deny access to spammer IPs
- Verify that the visitor accessing the site is a human

To dig deeper, check this:
http://blog.pagespot.org/page/item/5...d-website.html