Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
ncjbhd

Looking for CPU-friendly hosting

I've been on cheapo shared hosting for the past few years, but as my site grows it's getting to the point where that's no longer an option. Specifically, the bandwidth and disk space are fine, but the database has grown to millions of rows; I did a cpanel database backup yesterday and it was sufficient load for the host to lock down the database.

My traffic is usually pretty consistent and the database complexity is irreducible without sacrificing functionality, so what I'm looking for is moreso a stable guaranteed level of resources that won't result in the host shutting down the site when usage spikes, with the ability to easily add capacity when necessary. I've gotten wind that a VPS may be the way to go, but it seems that there's more focus on segmentation of RAM than CPU with those solutions so I'm not sure if it'll mean the same CPU problems again anyway. I'd like to keep costs under $40/mo, preferably around $20-$30 (I'm a college-level kid) if feasible. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
Michel001

Check out Pinellashosting.com Cheap VPS plans. Since VPS has had much better uptime, is much faster, and gives you much more freedom, since you can install any panel you want, it will be the best choice, especially with this decent host.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Leveltenhosting

I recommend you to use high performance VPS plans.
Leveltenhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #4
kronos77

I also think a VPS with high performance will be good for you.
Have a look at some cheap VPSs from happy-hosting and b2vps companies.
They are reliable enough to be used with no hesitations.
kronos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
serena85

I also agree that VPS are better then this ones but that is just my opinion.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
Infinite

I recommend you to use Simplehelix.com services. They are reliable company with reasonable featured plans and high available support, you should definitely use them.
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #7
Grignard

I totally support Simplehelix.com services. They are providing high stability and quality solutions. Do not hesitate and contact them directly for more info.
Grignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #8
clo@

The best place to search for affordable web site hosting plans is the internet itself.
I would also recommend Jumpline.com - the best web host for running any kind of web sites and keep them always online.
Their website is professional and straightforward; they report the facts clearly and intelligently.
clo@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
Edmund

No doubts that Simplehelix will perfectly meet your demands.
They are providing high available support, featured stable plans for reasonable prices.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #10
Gorrilas

I totally support simplehelix.com suggestion.
You will receive affordable prices and knowledgeable support.
Gorrilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #11
grunn

Cheap VPS deal will be fine for you IMHO.
Have a look at VPSs from Santrex.net, they cost not much and reliable.
grunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
omprakash9

you can search on google engine to find reliable hosting companies

omprakash9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #13
SanGoku

You'll be glad you signed up with 4goodhosting. They offer friendly web hosting solutions. Servers are fantastic and turbo fast. I always receive very clear and responsive customer support service. I frequently asks for assistance and these guys responds within just few minutes. I've been with other host before and their support agents are untrained and responding within hours. I highly recommend 4goodhosting.
SanGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #14
DelmarHairs

You can find web hosting as per your need, if you want to select a web hosting which is also CPU usage friendly then you can add some more power to your VPS and also add a control panel to your vps.

DelmarHairs is offline   Reply With Quote