Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
mjvndhsb

How to tell how many sites on one server?

Is there a way to tell how many, and the domain names, of all the sites assigned to one server or IP address on a shared hosting server? When I do a lookup on my server's IP address, it only points back to my hosting company. If I ping my domain, I get my IP address, so it seems reasonable that there's probably a way to find this out. I thought I had seen a post here about this, but searched for quite awhile, and couldn't find it.

I noticed my server's CPanel CPU Service Status went from about .4 (green) to 1.6 (red), and has pretty much stayed there the last few hours. It indicates it's a 1 CPU server. I was curious how many sites there were, and even what they were, to see if I could determine who or why the server usage is spiking.

I'm trying to learn more about hosting, and was curious about this aspect of shared hosting. I'm also looking for a way to throttle my own site to avoid causing a spike on my server. Does anyone know of a way I can ensure that my CPU usage does not exceed a predetermined amount so my hosting company won't pull the plug? Would throttling the bandwidth be possible, and perhaps a way to achieve that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mjvndhsb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
serena85

Well I never read this things because I consider that it is just your personal opinion.
If you want to know all about
you can see the latest reviews.
serena85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
omprakash9

nice information,thanks for posting

omprakash9 is offline   Reply With Quote