Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
samhanrey1

Bounce rate

Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. A high bounce rate suggests that more and more visitors are finding your website slow, irrelevant or unappealing.

If your bounce rate exceeds 50%, you must:
- Avoid having too many ads and hyper attractive banners on your site. They interfere with site navigation and make visitors ‘ad blind’.
- Make site navigation as easy as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
samhanrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
spinxwebdesign

An increase in the bounce rate is not good for the site because it is the identification of the poor quality of the website which most of the visitor's don't like because of poor quality website design, unclear navigation structure of the website, poor readability, duplicate content on the site and loading speed of the web page is very high and leave the site immediately.

Last edited by spinxwebdesign; 09-07-2012 at 05:59 AM..
spinxwebdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
isoconsultantgm

nie post thanks for this wonderful information. I think Bounce Rate matter if we don't control it.

||
isoconsultantgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
SEOGlen

Good review on bounce rate. I always try to keep my bounce rate to a very low level by working hard on download time and as well as keeping navigation as improved as possible for easier usage.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
ryangetty

Bounce rate effect our site ranking and shows the site value according to the visitors,so always maintain bounce rate .

ryangetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
blueapple

very nice informative for Bounce rate relative ,,,,,,
blueapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
amitmax

I think,very true words.High Bounce rate of any website can be a cause to lose ranking.So we should work on reducing bounce rate of website and do work on internal linking and quality content.
amitmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #8
jeny

Bounce rate is one of the important factor for the ranking.To decrease bounce rate use less images and flash in the site,use good attractive content.

|
|
jeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #9
josephjohn4556

nice thanks for sharing .
josephjohn4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
James Andy

I agree with you jenny, because I faced it recently I have a blog and I upload number of pictures so after two days its bounce rate going high almost 80%. I also said that you just put the unique content on a quality basis then your visitors stuck on your site and your bounce rate automatically decreases.

|
|
James Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #11
jiyaalbert

Bounce rate is the percentage of single page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page. A high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren't relevant to your visitors.

jiyaalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #12
Giraz john

Bounce rate is an Internet marketing term used in web traffic analysis. It represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site and "bounce" rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site.

|
|
|
Giraz john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #13
Ashley Gibbs

After Penguin update my site Bounce rate increased though its in Top 10 ranking site and now 100% bounce rate is showing in analytic. What should I do? please help me?

Ashley Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #14
Nectar

Also sometimes you need to split the large articles into segments (across multiple pages) to reduce the bounce rate or to put an attractive video on your landing page.
Nectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #15
Bodhost

Bounce rate is not good for your website . I would like to highlight that there are many ways to avoid the bounce rate. Those are as follows :
* You have to check your browser performance
* You have to careful about load times
* Study Your Keywords properly.
* Make Related Content Accessible.
* Take people where they want to go.
||
||
Bodhost is offline   Reply With Quote