Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Design > Graphic Design

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
torres84

Does flash hurt or help?

i know it is fun to have this big flash intro with moving words and pix as the first thing a surfer sees on your page. Unfortunately, not everyone has a computer that can handle the load and many people, myself included, will leave a site that has any kind of flash on the first page.

With this in mind, do you think flash really adds to the surfer's/visitor's experience, or is time and code better spent on the actual purpose of the site, with a lean design that loads quickly for most machines, even for people using dial up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

torres84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
jonemike

nice post thanks for sharing.

jonemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Yahooize

I think flash save my time and expense A lot. I don't think so flash hurt any one it's very useful for transferring data.

Yahooize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
milina788

Flash hurts a website when it is concerned about search engine optimization because if a website has some flash content then it cause a load time increment which is bad for a website search engine hates a website which have flash. So it will bad for the ranking of a website. So it can cause harm for a website.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
Mark Jackson

Flash doesn't effect your site ranking and now people starts to using flash in website. If you want information SEO and flash then visit below link
http://www.hochmanconsultants.com/ar...ly-flash.shtml

is the Facebook Developer Company
Mark Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Anna stacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres84 View Post
i know it is fun to have this big flash intro with moving words and pix as the first thing a surfer sees on your page. Unfortunately, not everyone has a computer that can handle the load and many people, myself included, will leave a site that has any kind of flash on the first page.

With this in mind, do you think flash really adds to the surfer's/visitor's experience, or is time and code better spent on the actual purpose of the site, with a lean design that loads quickly for most machines, even for people using dial up?
If you want to optimize your web site than you should avoid flash else it surely hurt as search engine crawlers are unable to read flash. So it is always recommended to use less and less flash if you want to appear your site on top positions of search engines.
in order to
Anna stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
henryc10

If you have website that is so boring to viewers, you can bring it alive and make it look more enticing. A way to do this is to add flash files into the elements used in your website. The amazing and distinct features attributes of flash make them an important and functional tool. Attractive site can make visitors/viewers spend longer.
henryc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
stevemiller

This is a very good question, i will also tend know about that.

stevemiller is offline   Reply With Quote