Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Market Zone - Buy/Sell/Trade/Wanted > The Market

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
adamrobbins2018

Thumbs up Wifi HotSpot Free For Android

For a long time, I refused to get a mobile phone. I hated those guys who tie up golf courses by speaking at full volume to asecretary or a stockbroker if it's their turn to hit, and I hated the thought of losing my ability to inform folks, Sorry, foranother four hours I'm going to be utterly impossible to reach. Among the great things about playing with golf is that it takes upalmost your whole brain and stops you from considering the things that keeps you awake during the night. A ringing mobile phonebreaks that spell--and not just for the phone's owner, but for everyone within earshot.

https://medium.com/@topgolfrangefind...r-1e00b9290844

I despise everything, but I really do owna mobile phone today, and I have discovered that it's a golf-related redeeming feature: whenever you use a cell phone to tell yourwife that you may be just a teensy bit late for dinner with her parents, the caller ID on the kitchen telephone displays yourmobile number, not the name of this golf course you are calling from. In exchange for surrendering one of those last remainingvestiges of your privacy, you get the time you need to create and rehearse a more convincing explanation. Isn't that all we couldask of technology? To improve our quality of life? In the old days, arranging a game with friends could involve an hour or evenmore of high-resolution phone usage, during which all the participants were nakedly vulnerable to discovery by their wife, kids orboss. Now, thanks to the world wide web, you can manage it all fast, silently and privately-and you get in trouble only for therounds you really play, not for your rounds you were ineffective in setting up.
The only guys in my circle that are debatable areNick, whose wife, Mary Anne, manages the email for both of these, and Gene, that does not have a computer. But fortunately, MaryAnne likes having Nick from the home, and Gene always receives the word eventually--usually via telephone from Nick. Last year Iplayed a round with a guy who'd just purchased a fancy laser range finder. It didn't really seem all that helpful to him : As isthe case with most of us, his primary distance problem wasn't his uncertainty about his yardage but his doubt about whether he wasgoing to shirt his second shot or hit two inches behind it. Nevertheless, the moment I got home that day I went online andpurchased one for myself.
https://www.quora.com/profile/GolfCo...gefinder-Watch
My range finder, I am convinced, enables me to play faster on courses I am unfamiliar with, since itimmediately answers questions that I would have to inquire if I didn't own it : Just how far is the back of that green? How longis the haul on that pond? Are those guys from range yet? Zapping a remote flag with a range finder is less disruptive to the flowof a golf round than aimlessly pacing a fairway, searching for a sprinkler head. In addition, I feel that my range finder hasassisted me with shots inside a hundred yards, by providing me aim reference points because of my so called "feel" Additionally,carrying out a laser-based measuring apparatus in my golf bag is most likely as close as I'm ever likely to come to fulfilling acherished youth dream: owning a beam gun. The greatest golf-technology invention of the past decade is one that evenanti-technology Neanderthals ought to appreciate: the rise of the hybrid. Hybrids, far from ruining golf, might really save it,making the game easier for people who do not play it quite well. (Old golf suggestion: How can you teach your wife to play golf?Having a bucket of balls, a downhill lie and also a 1-iron.)

Hybrids are so much simpler to use than long irons that pros can viewtheir benefits, and their prevalence with non-pros proves that golf-equipment manufacturers can persuade us to buy new clubs withno forcing us to lengthen our golf courses. He is the author, most recently, of Sheetrack & Shellac: A Thinking Person's Guide tothe Art and Science of Home Improvement, just out in paperback.
https://twitter.com/golfrangefinde3

Last edited by adamrobbins2018; 05-14-2018 at 07:43 AM..
adamrobbins2018 is offline   Reply With Quote