Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 02:05 AM   #1
znn123

The Buffalo Sabres headed into the Christmas break

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Buffalo Sabres headed into the Christmas break playing their best hockey of the season. It was pretty much the opposite for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Catch all the action on TSN and TSN Radio 1050 at 7:30pm et /4:30pm pt. The Sabres will shoot for a fourth win in five games when they visit the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs in Fridays Atlantic Division battle at Air Canada Centre. Toronto lost seven out of nine heading into the Christmas break, but the club at least has managed to earn points in three straight outings. The Maple Leafs have gone to the shootout phase in each of their last three games, beating Phoenix on Dec. 19 before losing consecutive tilts against Detroit and the New York Rangers. The Maple Leafs seemed on the verge of a regulation defeat Monday in New York City, but they came up with a controversial goal after Rangers forward Chris Kreider was sent off for shooting the puck over the glass with 3:34 remaining in the third period. New York goaltender Cam Talbot appeared to cover up David Clarksons chance in-close on the man advantage, but the whistle never blew and Nazem Kadri alertly pushed the puck over the line to make it a 1-1 game with only 84 seconds to go in regulation. However, Derek Stepan and Mats Zuccarello each scored for the Rangers during the shootout, while Joffrey Lupul scored Torontos lone goal in the decisive segment. Kadri had a chance to extend the shootout for Toronto, but was denied by Talbot. Toronto fell for the ninth time in its last 10 road games despite a terrific 42-save performance from Jonathan Bernier. "Our goaltender stood on his head," Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle remarked. "Thats all you can ask in a game like this one." The Leafs are 12-8-1 as the home team this season compared to a 6-8-4 record on the road. Although Buffalo is still last in the NHL with 23 points, the club has recorded four of its 10 wins this season over the last seven games. The Sabres latest victory, Mondays 2-1 overtime win against visiting Phoenix, came with a little bit of luck, as Buffalo was the beneficiary of a bizarre play in the extra session. Mark Pysyk fired a shot from near the right circle 3:47 into the extra session which was initially stopped by Coyotes goalie Mike Smith, but the puck bounced straight up into the air and was batted down by a Phoenix defender and landed in the back of Smiths pants. Smith, unaware of the disc wedged in his pants, turned and slid backwards into the net carrying the puck across the goal line for the game-winner. "I saw it come down and figured it landed. I didnt know where it went from there, but I saw he was in the net and figured it was in," said Pysyk. Tyler Ennis scored the game-tying goal 14:01 into the final session for the Sabres. Ryan Miller made 36 saves in the win. Although Buffalo has picked up the pace recently, the club still enters Friday on an eight-game road losing streak. The Sabres, who last won as the guest on Nov. 5 in San Jose, are just 3-12-1 on the road this season. The Sabres have not fared well in Toronto recently either, losing two straight and seven of the last eight encounters at Air Canada Centre. Buffalo, however, has won three of the past four meetings overall. Buffalo hopes to have leading scorer Cody Hodgson back tonight after the centerman missed the last two games due to an upper-body injury. Hodgson has eight goals and 11 assists to pace the Sabres with 19 points. Anthony Munoz Jersey . And Richard Bachman, their rookie goalie, is facing a penalty shot a few seconds after the opening face-off. No pressure, right? Bachman stood his ground against Zack Kassian and saw the puck dribble off the Canuck rookies stick, then settled in and backstopped the Stars to a 5-2 win over Vancouver Tuesday that put Dallas in first place in the Pacific Division. Andre Smith Jersey . Gordon reportedly failed another drug test and is facing a one-year ban. Gordon led the NFL in yards receiving last season despite being suspended two games for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.co...-kroft-jersey/ .Mateo Kovacic and Andrea Ranocchia scored for Inter, which had goalkeeper Samir Handanovic to thank for several crucial saves.Its an important victory against a Chievo side which plays well, Mancini said. Nick Vigil Jersey .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. Josh Shaw Jersey . The four-time Grand Slam champion has beaten Hantuchova nine straight times, with the Slovaks only win coming when they first played 10 years ago. "I had a tough first opponent who can play extremely good tennis," Sharapova said.Henrik Stenson has labelled 2016 as the best year of his career so far after clinching a second Race to Dubai title in four seasons. Stenson began the week 299,675 points ahead of Danny Willett and made certain of ending the year as European No 1 with a closing 65 matched by defending champion Rory McIlroy.The Swede finished tied-ninth, five stokes adrift of tournament winner Matt Fitzpatrick, to cap a special year and secure his first Race to Dubai title since 2013. Stenson mixed eight birdies with a sole blemish Im very pleased to get my name on this trophy once again, Stenson told Sky Sports. Its been a great year, the best year of my career.Ive always thought it was going to be hard to top 2013, but I think Ive done that this year. Maybe not to the level of golf over six months, but certainly with the highlights of winning The Open, [winning silver at] the Olympics and managing to win The Race to Dubai again. Stenson played alongside McIlroy during the final round I always knew it was going to be a tough race to finish it off here in The Final Series. Luckily for me, I didnt really win it this week here in Dubai or last week in South Africa. Dubai delight for Fitzpatrick Matt Fitzpatrick claims one-shot win at DP World Tour Championship I knew I needed one really good week, and I managed to knock that one out early at HSBC.dddddddddddd Its been more of a cruise and seeing what the other guys do. European Tour Golf November 21, 2016, 4:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Willett needed a top-five finish or better to have any chance of ending the year in top spot, but struggled to a tie for 50th and finshed as runner-up in the Race to Dubai for the second year running.Its a disappointing four-week stretch that Ive just had, to end what still will be a pretty memorable year, Willett said. It hasnt been quite good enough for what we needed to do. Willett posted a one-under 70 on Sunday Ill be a bit disappointed I would have thought for a bit, but you then kind of look at what youve done and then try and move forward. I think the body and mind need a bit of a rest, and hopefully we can come out fresh around a golf course that I quite like at Hong Kong and then have a good four or five week break over Christmas. Also See: Fitzpatrick wins Dubai title Final Dubai leaderboard Stenson celebrates R2D crown Golf live on Sky Sports Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
znn123 is offline   Reply With Quote