Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > Review My Website

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
BassMac

Check my site and tell me if you see lines

I am building a boat part store using intuit, but I am interested in getting feedback on my domain name/web hosting site listed in my signature, BassMacDomains.com. I added a couple of google ads and I see horizontal lines now running across my page. Do you see them and how do I fix this?

I am trying to provide useful information and reassurance to those who are new to, and looking to enter, the world wide web for the first time. I am still working on writing more in depth information to add to the site, but lets face it, at the end of the day I want to sell people my service by linking them to my store through any one of the several links to my web hosting store located throughout this site.

Obviously I wouldn't come to a forum of website builders to try and troll for my site and spam you all. I respect your opinion and feel that I can offer a valued opinion of your sites as well. Now bring it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BassMac; 01-02-2012 at 11:06 PM..
BassMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
ayman20068

review

i checked your site and from what i see it some how provides hosting and domains and from my personal experience i see lots of webhosting sites and domain registrars daily but only few of them can be interesting , i'll give my review to your site based on how i see things but it still just my personal opinion

- regarding your question i don't see horizontal lines , google ads show fine for me
- as a customer i feel your site needs a lot of editing before i can think about doing any purchase from it , here are few recommendations :
1- better and more professional template would be good idea , you can find lots of webhosting templates online , just need a bit more searching
2- provide details about the hosting plan in a good arranged way , as its current location on left seems a bit unprofessional
3- provide info about data center , guaranteed up time and such details
4- try to add good deals and more coupon codes , i see you using go daddy so you can check coupons they offer and offer it in your site
5- at last , posting some of your clients reviews would be good idea to make other customers interested in giving your site a try

best regards
ayman

ayman20068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
BassMac

Thanks for your critique. I have been wanting to improve on items 2 and 4 for sure. I also would be hesitant to purchase from this site at this time knowing what I know. I am trying to clean it up, but I am using the site as a way to hopefully drive traffic to my store, which is quite generic still, but highly professional looking(that is where I sell my products and services). I am sure your likely clicked to it at some point and would agree.

My Target audience is people who are new to the web and to the idea of having their own site. I am attempting to make this site as informative as possible over time, but in a way that people who are not technicaly informed can understand(simple English if you will). My hopes are that by giving them the confidence to give it a shot, they will navigate to my store to purchase all they need to start their own site.

Again, thank you for your time and well written critique.

BassMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
couponsitescrip

ugly design. if you change the template you might have increased chances to do sales.
at this moment I wouldn't buy a domain from a site that looks like this.

- Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

- Coupon Site Script in Action
couponsitescrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
mypaper

add showing well.no lines.

mypaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Autohitsunlimit

Wink Your site

I didn't see any lines, basic design, but looks great. maybe add a online help link might help a potential customer's confidence in buying. http://www.autohitsunlimited.com/
Autohitsunlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
funguy

Looks like you're site has broken link.
Kindly check

funguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #8
ledadoggslife

WOW!

What a site is this!!!

I really like this. It's really a very cool & interesting Information.
ledadoggslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
warek44

It depends on the peoples of your niche that which social media platform they are using to connect with each other. By the way most of the peoples are using twitter to connect with their friends, relatives and coworkers etc. Beside this facebook, Google+, myspace, Pinterest are other social media platforms to promote an online business
warek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
nathan.joshua

Google is placing a lot of emphasis on your websites speed. Try to speed up your website. It took about 6-7 seconds to load.

nathan.joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
jguythompson

Site review

Hi Firstly the boat site looks fine no lines I can see. On the other site being an expert on this stuff you may not realise how someone very new might be a bit overwhelmed by all the choices and options on there. I'm very new to web design etc and that would probably have confused me totaly a month ago. Suggest make it a little more personal ie bit more explanation in layman's terms of what eg web hosting actually is idiots guide for novices if you like. No expert by any means just a suggestion. Not sure about the red and black either maybe something a bit warmer
jguythompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
warren12

Google is the web site became much emphasis on speed. Try to speed up the website. It was 6-7 seconds to load.
warren12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #13
Die_heart

yeah i had check ur site... its good....

Die_heart is offline   Reply With Quote