Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
Edward01

Ferret odor & Air purifiers ?

I am looking to buy an air purifier for a 9''X11'' room to help reduce ferret odors. Before anyone tries to pin point the root of the problem (unless you find one, please let me know), let me clarify a few things : She is spayed in deglanded, the food has no fish or corn in the first three ingredients, I clean the litter box once a day, I won't bathe her more than twice a year and I wash her bedding once a week.

hava temizleme cihazı

Last edited by Edward01; 12-04-2015 at 08:37 AM..
Edward01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
Energyservices0

LOL, it sounds like you've been lectured about all the things that could be creating an odor problem (or at least you've done your research). =) One thing I will add about diet - ferrets that are on a high (meat based) protein and low ash diet tend to smell less, so you might want to check the protein and ash content as well. You could just be one of those people that has a very sensitive nose and no matter what you do there might always be an odor (my mom is like that). Have you tried sprinkling baking soda on your carpets before vacuuming? When I had carpet in my ferrets' room, using the baking soda helped remove some of the ferret odor that rubbed off onto the carpet. Cleaning them with a pet-safe shampoo every few weeks also helped. I've never tried using an air purifier, but that Febreze one you're refering to is supposed to remove pet (and other) odors. I'm sure it would help remove at least some of the odor (again, if you have a sensitive nose, there might not be anything that completely removes the stink). But, if most of that odor is in the carpet, then I don't think the purifier would work to remove that. You could try the purifier first, but if you don't notice a big difference, then try shampooing the carpets, too (if that's something you haven't tried yet). I think cleaning the carpets and using the purifier would help to get rid of a lot of the odor (along with the other things you mentioned you're already doing - few baths, good diet, etc.).
Energyservices0 is offline   Reply With Quote