Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Programming > Programming General

Notices

Old 02-15-2016, 12:29 AM   #1
Priyanka785

How to Get Comments but Not Spam

Hello friends,

I have a Wordpress blog and of course, have a comments section. But I think I'm making it too difficult for real people to post. I have a bunch of apps, and registration.

I'm wondering how others do it. How do you take comments from great folks who want to contribute, make it as easy for them as possible to do so, but at the same time keep the spammers out?

Wedding Planners in Delhi

Last edited by Priyanka785; 03-30-2016 at 10:31 PM..
Priyanka785 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 AM   #2
kunalkumar

hiii friends
Comments are removed from public view (or "disappear") when they are filtered as spam, whether manually by a site moderator or automatically by our system.

The following commenting behavior can cause comments to be marked automatically as spam:

Including a signature in multiple comments. For example, appending a name or website link to the end of multiple comments;
Bad or strange syntax. For example, excessive paragraph breaks, bad punctuation, double-spaced comments;
Posting the same comment multiple times to the same page, or across sites;
Using multiple links in one or multiple comments.

Continually posting similar messages can also reinforce the spam filter to become more sure of its actions and flag such more aggressively.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
kunalkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:12 AM   #3
frankone

Ad a good captcha verification field to the comments form. That 100% stopped the spam i got.

frankone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:28 AM   #4
sudeepkhana

Avoid spam trigger words and phishing phrases
Include a text version of your email if you are sending HTML emails
Use permission marketing techniques.
Get off blacklists.

|
sudeepkhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:36 AM   #5
Livepro

If you own a blog, chances are you have encountered a little – or a lot – of spam. The more popular your blog becomes, the more spam it is likely to get. And there is nothing more frustrating than having to spend a lot of time moderating your comments to determine which ones are spam and which ones are legit.
Livepro is offline   Reply With Quote