Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
gonaof

Should I try for long tail, or short tail words?

Hello friends,
I am new to seo, and my question is Should i try to optimize my website for long tail or short tail keywords on search engines?
I hope you huys will help me.
Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gonaof is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
mikest

Hello,

Well it Totally Depends Upon Niche which you are targeting for! Long Tail Keywords have low search engine volume while Short tail keywords have high search engine volume! you have to put more efforts in order to optimize Short Tail Keywords!

|
|
|
mikest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
sophia123789

Its depend upon the nature of your site but there is one point you should remember while keyword search long tail keyword give more conversation by short tail or generic keywords. And that why most of PCC are done on long tail keyword, you can check by yourself.
sophia123789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
trtracy52

This is a fantastic post i have been read in recent days. All of the three tips are helpful. i do post regularly on my post, but i do not know whether the post will help solve some sort of daily problem. Thanks for sharing.

trtracy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
seoowner

Depends on the requirement, I see in your signature that you are targeting short tail keywords only, but to rank for short it will take much time as competition will be high.
seoowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
C.Rebecca

You should go for the perfect blend of both long tail and short tail.
Lets give it a quick shot. Consider a short tail keyword.‘Digital camera’. This is a very broad keyword (returns about 289,000,000 Google results) and not very exact (It may bring you traffic from people searching for digital camera photography too).

‘Canon power shot digital camera 2MP’, however, is narrow, less competitive (returns about 511,000 results) and exact.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
juliarobbert

A successful website requires a combination of both types of keywords. Both are important to generate the best result. One is not better than the other. But it is best to start with long tail keywords and when you get some long tail keywords in ranking then focus on generic or short tail keywords. You can improve your ranking by following this strategy.

|
|
juliarobbert is offline   Reply With Quote