Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
munna85

How many computers do you have (and what operating systems do you use?)

I'm a computer dork. I grew up on an Apple IIgs and then moved to the world of PCs. Between my husband and me, we have 9 computers (and 6 of them are mine).

Here's what I have:
1. A laptop for travel. I'm a journalist-blogger so I travel every so often to conferences. My 12" notebook works very well for liveblogging. The model: Dell Inspiron 700m with WinXP.
2. A laptop that I use as a desktop: My Dell XPS M1710 (also on XP) is my big productivity machine. It's a brick, but I love having so much screen real estate to get work done.
3. A Linux machine that I built myself: It's a simple setup running Fedora 8. I use it almost always remotely.
4. My media center: It's actually a full-sized ATX case that I built with 6 hard drives (plus 3 USB drives attached). I back up my photographs and store media (music, videos) on the computer. I actually never physically sit at the machine though! (And yes, you guessed it, it runs XP.)
5. An old Dell laptop: It's an Inspiron 8600 (with XP) that's about 4 years old. Runs XP and I use it to test applications for blog posts.
6. A Macbook Pro. I actually just got this and I'm starting to learn how to use it. (And in truth, it arrived with a small physical deformity so Apple has it now!)

My wife has another 700m (we distinguish ours because I have stickers on mine) and 2 Dell desktops. All run XP.

When it comes to computers, each serve different purposes as I mentioned before. I also salvage old parts to keep my older machines running. The desktops have had a long life (but I've had to take them apart more than five times due to hard drive failures, power supply problems, and whatever else is related to a failing computer) but I'm big on laptops (especially warranties) so I try to stay current on all of them.

What about you?

IBM's latest supercomputer crunches numbers at enormous speeds-and will soon be put to use for nuclear warfare.

Any comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
munna85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
kone12

I have 2 computer and 1 laptop and I use windows xp on desktop and windows 7 on laptop.

|
kone12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
cobo_836

wow,You're amazing, I guess, if I have so many computers, I do not know how to arrange a time to use.

/
/
/
cobo_836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Nullified

I have a desktop in my office for business work that is windows 7.
I have a business laptop that I travel with that also has windows 7.
I have a personal laptop at home (as does my wife) which are both windows 7.
I have two dell poweredge servers at home which have windows server 2008.

Nullified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
sergeyk

hhh))you have really a huge choice!!!i have only one, my PC and it is enough for me)
sergeyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
Nullified

To top it off my business desktop has three screens for multitasking, which comes in quite useful when you have outlook/ff/photoshop/dreamweaver/excel/word/wmp/explorer all open at the same time (which I do most always).

Nullified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Detomah

I have three desktop PCs, two with Windows 7 installed and one with Windows 98 installed. I also have two notebooks, one ancient beast with Windows 3.1 installed and the other which currently runs Ubuntu.
Detomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
ortonmax

I have only 1 computer at my home and it has windows 7 operating system. I like to use it. Windows 7 works well with my PC.
ortonmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
manojagadi

I have 1 computer and I am using Windows 7 operating system.
manojagadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
elenacriss884

I have just my Own laptop And A window Phone but Mostly i use My window phone

|
|
|
|
|
elenacriss884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
ValdaClive

I have 2 computer and 1 laptop and I use windows xp on desktop and windows 7 on laptop.
ValdaClive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
petguru

Only One PC . DELL Otiplex 720.
petguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
harry110

i just have one computer at home.

|
|
|
harry110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
MilesWeb

I have one desktop with Windows Vista and Laptop with Windows 7.
MilesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
micklaisy

I have one computer and 1 Laptop...
micklaisy is offline   Reply With Quote