Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Sean101

Lightbulb Keyword Practice & Keyword Tools!

I am currently trying to better the SEO for my website.
I used the keyword tool on google adwords to find keywords/phrases that are relevant to my website. After searching several "Exact" keywords relevant to my website, i choose 10 keywords with alot of monthly searches, but not too much as im starting out & i think it will be slightly easier to get better rank in the less used keywords. I also checked the competition on each keyword/phrase & went for low - med competition. I then added these keywords into my website/webpage <head> & then started to build article, blog, forum & web-directory back-links to my website using the keywords/phrases i choose as the anchor text in the backlinks.

This is as much as i have done so far regarding keyword targeting.
Is there anything about what iv done that you would consider wrong?
Is there anything else that i should do to improve what iv done already?
Is there something that im not doing in regards to keyword targeting that i should be doing to help improve my results in the top search engines?

Please comment on this thread with your thoughts as im quite new to the SEO game & will appreciate any help, tips, information, etc.. given to me! Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sean101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Sean101

No probs. :P
Are you doing any SEO at the moment?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sean101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
andersonsjohn

If you focus keyword practices and keyword tools on your website it would be better for your user rather than seo. Your time would be better spent interacting with your users and building a good reputation.
andersonsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
gaurav.solanki

It is always better to go for generic keywords in starting.

|
|
|
gaurav.solanki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
David101

you are doing great job its the better way to rank your website in search engines easily. Best of Luck!
David101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
lymand

Are these keywords you are targeting for your main page or other pages? How many searches per month are they getting?

lymand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Johnmark

Nice post........ it is really a informative post for a beginner seo.

Johnmark is offline   Reply With Quote