Register on the forum now to remove ALL ads + popups + get access to tons of hidden content for members only!

Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #1
sharonpaula08

what are meta tags?

hi everyone,pls reply my question
sharonpaula08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
multai

Meta tags are the tags which tells information about what your webpage content have....

http://inoutdesigning.com/interior.html
multai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
team.alphaa

Meta Tags have been one of the most basic elements of SEO. It is a must to know for every SEO practitioner. Are meta tags a factor in Google page rank? Is it important? What effect does it have in your site’s SEO?

Meta tags have been around since… Since I can remember. They have been a big part in search engine history. They were valued as a factor in rankings before – until people started abusing their use in getting on top of the SERPs. After that, Google opted meta tags out of the ranking factors. But that doesn’t mean they’re not important anymore. Meta tags still play quite a big role in your site’s SEO.
team.alphaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #4
Ecozaar

A meta tag is a tag (that is, a coding statement) in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) that describes some aspect of the contents of a Web page. ... Well-written meta tags can help make the page rank higher

Last edited by Ecozaar; 05-06-2018 at 10:00 PM..
Ecozaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #5
medomystica

Meta tags are shown in search engine result page when we search through the particular keyword
medomystica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
evejones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonpaula08 View Post
hi everyone,pls reply my question
Ya we are here to reply to such basic and stupid posts which can be easily surfed on Google.

I would like to know if you are this much free to ask such silly basics in forums, I wonder if you ever have serious SEO issues!

evejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
sankalppatil

Quote:
Originally Posted by evejones View Post
Ya we are here to reply to such basic and stupid posts which can be easily surfed on Google.

I would like to know if you are this much free to ask such silly basics in forums, I wonder if you ever have serious SEO issues!

I will be also saying this. means, hello i have already answered this question multiple times.
sankalppatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
devsg1991

Meta tags are elements used in HTML and XHTML documents to provide structured metadata about a Web page. They are part of a web page's head section. Multiple Meta elements with different attributes can be used on the same page.
devsg1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #9
56sureshT

Meta tag is a tag in the HTML Which describes some aspects of content of a web page, information which is provided in the Meta tag is used by the search engine to index a page so that someone searching for the kind of information the page contains will be able to find it. Meta tag is placed near the top of the HTML in a Web page as part of the heading. Patient Information System
56sureshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:06 PM   #10
prasetyohasan10

Meta tags are snippets of text that describe a page's content; the meta tags don't appear on the page itself, but only in the page's code. We all know tags from blog culture, and meta tags are more or less the same thing, little content descriptors that help tell search engines what a web page is about.
prasetyohasan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #11
charleswesley

Meta labels or meta components are labels put inside the head segment of your code that assistance characterize the substance of a site page. For instance, a portrayal meta tag is utilized by Internet web search tools to show a depiction of your page in their list items.
charleswesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #12
watson jamare

Meta tags have been around since… Since I can remember. They have been a big part in search engine history. They were valued as a factor in rankings before – until people started abusing their use in getting on top of the SERPs. After that, Google opted meta tags out of the ranking factors
watson jamare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #13
muruganram

A meta tag is a tag (that is, a coding statement) in the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) that describes some aspect of the contents of a Web page. ... Well-written meta tags can help make the page rank higher
muruganram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:57 AM   #14
loganjake

Meta tags have been around since… Since I can remember. They have been a big part in search engine history. They were valued as a factor in rankings before – until people started abusing their use in getting on top of the SERPs.
loganjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:08 AM   #15
drnagwaniseo

Meta tags are a significant part of website optimization. These are words that are hidden in a site’s HTML code. They are created for search engines so they can read them and immediately know what a website is about.

Most important meta tags include title tags and meta description.
drnagwaniseo is offline   Reply With Quote