Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
2011mckinsey

On Page Headings Hierarchy Question

Hello,
I have a blog post that has about 1600 words right now. I'm planning to add more info there and increase the number of words to about 3000.

The page title is wrapped inside H1 tags. All of the categories inside the post are assigned H2 tags.

I decided that it would be a good idea to make a small table of contents in the beginning of the post that would contain links to all of these categories.

Right now I have the name of the table of contents that says "Browse by Category: Click any of the links below to jump to the desired section:" wrapped inside H3 tags. My idea was to somehow differentiate it from the regular categories wrapped inside H2 tags.

So, this means that I have H3 tagged heading that follows H1 page title.....

It looks more convenient for the visitors but I have some doubts about the on-page SEO here.
Do you think this structure will harm on page SEO or not?
Here is my post:
http://followmckinsey.com/kolonaki-athens/
2011mckinsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
jgaldnik

Why do you think the structure will harm on page SEO? It looks good to me. Having similar heading titles won't hurt anything in my experience
jgaldnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:51 AM   #3
2011mckinsey

Jgaldnik, I thought that putting an H3 tagged title right after H1 tagged title (which is the post title) doesn't look good. It would look more correct if it wasn't H3 but H2 instead.

At the same time H2s are assigned to the categories listed inside that post. I wanted to somehow separeate that table of contents with links from general post content....... Does it make any sense?
2011mckinsey is offline   Reply With Quote