Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
seoga

Advanced WordPress SEO and duplicate content

Once you’ve done all the basic stuff, you’ll find that the rest of the problems amount to one simple thing: duplicate content. Loads of it in fact. Out of the box, WordPress comes with a few different types of taxonomy:

date based
category based
tag based

Next to that, it seems to think you actually need to be able to click on from page to page starting at the frontpage, way back to the first post you ever did. Last but not least, each author has his own archive too, under /author/<author-name>/, resulting in completely duplicate content on single author blogs.

In essence that means that, worst case scenario, a post is available on 5 pages outside of the single page where it should be available. We’re going to get rid of all those duplicate content pools, by still allowing them to be spidered, but not indexed, and fixing the pagination issues that come with these things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

seoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
AlexanderIoan

Send a message via ICQ to AlexanderIoan Send a message via Yahoo to AlexanderIoan
But if you set the permalinks to show up the name/date ? You are going to have this problem again?
I do own a personal blog , where i write about my life , you can visit it here :
In my free time i work as an editor at
Visit this websites and share your opinion with me in a private message. Thank you !
AlexanderIoan is offline   Reply With Quote