Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Google

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
ncjbhd

ite Structure Change = Back in the sandbox

I have strong feeling to believe that Google puts a website right back into the sandbox if you change your website's entire URL, Site-Map structure even though you have the SAME EXACT THEME for the site.

I have a project that was out of the sandbox, over a year old, ranking well for different phrases.

I decided I want to go into a different direction and stay in the same exact theme, but completely re-design the site, and change the URL's, folder structure, etc.

The result? Right back into the sandbox, I'm not ranking anywhere again, even for less competitive keywords. Before, I would be able to add new pages to the site and would rank for keywords that have pretty good competition, not anymore and looks like I have to wait now again.

My theory is, Google is putting sites into probation if they see a big site-wide structure change to help avoid people spamming existing domains, even if they are 'same topic/theme'.

This is just a theory though, if anyone wants to comment on this from their past experience, would love to hear it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote