Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 03:12 AM   #1
zawza1990

Baby Health Tips

The mother of a baby is the busiest person on earth, and these baby health tips are designed to put a little order and routine back into your day to day routine.

In no time at all, these baby health tips will become second nature for you and your baby helping you to get back to a somewhat 'normal' life.

Breastfeeding Baby Health tips

There is, has and always will be a lot of controversy on breastfeeding depending on where you live in the world. In some countries it's the norm and most people would not bat an eyelid if they saw a mother sit down in a restaurant and start to breastfeed her baby. In other countries such as the UK and the US, surprisingly and quite sadly, breastfeeding is frowned upon by many. I personally breastfed both my children and though I made a point of being discreet, I valued my right to feed my child where, when and how I chose to.

However, I also appreciated the fact that I was lucky to be able to breastfeed as I know many mothers want to but can't for whatever reason. Even those that choose not to breast feed should not be maligned. The majority of us live in a society where we have a freedom of choice and whatever our feelings or opinions on a matter, we should allow everyone the right to choose what is best for them and their baby.

That said it is common knowledge that there are huge health benefits to breastfeeding for both mom and baby so that's why this is key to baby care. Baby's first drink of breast milk is colostrum which is full of antibodies which help babies immune system and is full of fat and protein to help baby put on weight in their first few days. Breastfeeding also helps mom's uterus to contract more quickly. A weird sensation when it happens but utterly amazing when you think about it.

Then consider the other positives of breastfeeding to baby care. Milk is on tap, ready to go at the right temperature whatever the time of day and if baby emptied one 'bottle' or boob, there was another ready and waiting to go. I did co-sleeping with my second baby as I was concerned about waking the house up in the middle of the night for feeds which worked out well for all as most times throughout the night, she would latch on herself and feed without me being barely aware. Baby care doesn't really get any easier than that.

I did express so that my husband could also be involved and there were times that he did the night feeds with both children so that I could get a complete nights rest.

Bottle Feeding Baby Health

If you are bottle-feeding your baby then make sure that the bottles are well sterilized and clean. There are many makes of bottle sterilizers that are available. There are some that you can put in the microwave and some that will continually sterilize throughout the day so that you always have clean bottles and teats available to go when you need them.

Also consider your formula well. Check the ingredients and look for those that have the friendly bacteria for the gut. Make sure that you buy the formula appropriate for your baby's age. To rich and it may cause constipation, too thin and lacking in vitamins etc, and your baby may not gain weight as they should.

Baby Sleeping Baby Health

With your first child, you will have probably read numerous books about how to put your baby to bed and have bought a moses basket, then a cot or cot bed. Come your subsequent children, you then realise though nice to have, the most important thing is whether your baby is comfortable, safe and warm or cool enough. My first child went into his own cot bed when he was 3 weeks old as we couldn't stand anymore of his warthog snoring. He was also in a baby sleeping bag. Our daughter slept with me in our bed until she slept through most of the night before moving to her own bed. Especially as I was breast feeding both, I made sure that I didn't drink a lot (the odd glass of wine at a weekend is fine), I don't do drugs, they weren't too hot or cold and the room was well ventilated. Use your common sense here regarding baby care and use and do what's best for you.

Clothing Baby Health

Summer clothes should be light cotton ones. When baby is taken out, make sure that his head does not get the direct sun. Make the most of parasols or stroller sun covers. The covers in particular also help against wasps. An important baby care tip to remember for all - sun cream is essential even if your baby is dark skinned. My children are mixed race and even with factor 50, they still tan.

In winter, there may be sweaters, trousers and other woollens. Just bear in mind that if they are in nappies or diapers still, you need quick and easy access to change them especially when you are out and about. Some changing facilities are tiny or cramped and you don't really want to spend more time there than you should. Remember a change of clothes too. My son was the worst but they both had explosive poos the force of which sent their poo right up their backs and it was far easier to take the whole lot off than to try and clean around it!

Changing Baby Health

Changing of nappies or diapers whether disposable or not should take place regularly. Sometimes babies will let you know in their own particular way but it's best to get into the habit of checking their bottoms at least every 3 hours. That way you'll soon get to know baby's toilet habits and can adjust it accordingly.

Bathing Baby Health

I hope that I don't sound too patronising but the best advice here is common sense. Make sure that you have everything that you need BEFORE you start bathing. Have baby's towel ready on his changing mat, his nappy and night clothes all in place before you start.

Please ensure that the bath water is not too hot and not too cold - 9of or 32c is ideal. It should only be a couple of inches deep if it is in a family bath. At this age baby doesn't need bubble bath, just gentle no-tears formula soap should suffice.

Ensure that you support baby's head safely. Once washed and dried, massage a little moisturizing cream into baby's skin and get him dressed for bed.

Immunisation Baby Health

The baby should be immunized against Small Pox & Measles with BCG within 3 months of its age. The first DPT (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Psertussis, Polio, HIB, Meningitis C) is due within the first 2 months followed by the 2nd and the 3rd one at one month intervals. The MMR vaccination against Measles, Mumps and Rubella should be done within 1 years of age. The boosters should be taken after the baby is 4 years old.

Training and Education Baby Health

Babies learn by watching and listening. Yes I babble baby talk to my two but I also talked sensibly to them like an adult. When getting them dressed I would put their left arm in its sleeve and say to them, 'let's put your left arm in your sleeve'. By 18 months both children knew their right from their left, could say things like open door, shut door, roof, bus, sky drink, biscuit etc because I constantly read or pointed things like this out to them. Learning can and at this age, should be fun.

http://healthmagazinehouse.com/baby-health-tips/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zawza1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #2
teenajii90

Blood Donation NGO in Lucknow

Blood donation is the best gift we can give to someone. World is in need of blood and there is huge shortage of blood supply. Become a volunteer and make a change. Blood Donation NGO in Lucknow & Women Safety Organization in India

Last edited by teenajii90; 09-19-2017 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: Links
teenajii90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #3
LuciferMill

Anyone who wants to feel better and have holistic healing, I personally recommend the therapeutic massage Asheville NC. With such a body work you benefit not only your body but your mind and soul as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
LuciferMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
pinkiyshaw

Milk is an indispensable part of our lives and is loved universally by one and all. We strongly believe that such a product that enjoys such an universal appeal and is a favourite among kids should be of utmost purity. That's why we employ the most stringent tests and methods to ensure your KC+ Milk is fresh, pure and healthy. We say that with confidence and conviction because we have not just 1 or 2 but 32 stringent quality tests to make sure every sip of KC+ milk you take is pure and power-packed with nutrients. With milk of such high standards of purity, the inherent goodness of milk is retained and the health benefits you get from it are immense. From the farm to your fridge, KC+ Milk stays fresh and pure all the way.
pinkiyshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
asterhr

Know the signs of satiety. ...
Avoid using food to soothe. ...
Put solids in perspective. ...
Keep some barometers in mind.

asterhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:48 PM   #6
bestbabygears

Thanks for this information.

|
|
|
|
bestbabygears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
sophiestewart

KC Dairy brings superior quality Milk, Curd, Panner and Ice-cream for Indians who love to savour freshness taste and health in every sip.
sophiestewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
noha baj

Thank you for this

noha baj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:57 AM   #9
Ayla77

Take Dalia and Milk both are healthy tips.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ayla77 is offline   Reply With Quote