Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > Review My Website

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
cbwritemash2

To add or not to add an automatic translation tool on a site I'm working on.

I am a designer and this is a website I'm working on right now: contentbryan.com. I have been working on that site for awhile now, and I've been getting some feedback from people about using an English language instead of Swede. Firstly, the site is aimed at an international audience. SO I thought of just using a plugin to translate the text.

Any recommendations on what to use? Or should I just scrap the idea of using a plugin at all.
cbwritemash2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
Eitan Kuniz

I think you should add a translation tool to your website. If the traffic is based also for people in Sweden, add translation. Not everyone understands English. It's better this than nothing, no?
Eitan Kuniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:20 AM   #3
Web Choice UK

If majority of your users are from Sweden, then it is best to let your site be in Swedish. The best would be to add a translation tool.
Web Choice UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
BVT

'Firstly, the site is aimed at an international audience'

- That itself says definitely have your website originally in English since it's international. However, adding a plugin IF majority visitors are from Sweden makes complete sense.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:36 AM   #5
ron1

yes, definitely you should add translation tool to the site as it will add a flexibility to the website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
george.web13

I think the best, is to add the new language to your site, and to translate the content (texts, headers etc).
I dont think that the online tool will do your job, cause the syntax will be awful.
Better the languages to be translate by a human.

|
|
|
|
george.web13 is offline   Reply With Quote