Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
kaptai2013

Smile Taking a spam techique and using it for legit purposes.

Alot of us have been astounded at the sub-domain technique used by some spammers out there:

Like this sub-domain spam:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ite%3Awd31.com

To clarify, I'm not interested in SPAMMING Google.

I'm interested in the premise that these guys used to spam the Goog. Since each subdomain is considered a domain all to itself, and a domain is included quickly in the index, wouldn't that mean that Goog is more likely to crawl each subdomain at a regular pace, thus increasing the time a WHOLE site offerings are included. Would it mean that the "sites" (all really one big site,) would be crawled x times faster?

Ok, I have a website that I'm building right now that 4 distinct flavors of categories, related, but each can live on their own. Now, I was planning on going straight ahead and building the website (asp.net and SQL) with pretty basic search functions and the like - we all build them.

But what if I made a subweb for each distinctive category? Basically the front page would refer and point to these subwebs, which would be folders of the original root, and each would be it's own little app, all centered around that particular category.

It go me thinking, because I know there is a small SEO perk to having the actual search term in the url, so if the search term is women's shoes, and my site that is all about that category, womenshoes.mysite.com, would that have any advantage, say over mysite.com/womensshoes/searchresult.aspx

I know that each "site" would be indexed on it's own merits, and yes, it mean 4 times the linking work and 4 times the promotion, but would this technique, as evidenced by what spammers can do in as little as 5 days, can get these pages included in Google? Or would it, considering how Google slowly catches up to these types of spam, be considered spam?

What about MSN and Yahoo?

Well, we all know how to own MSN, and somewhat Yahoo, but how about the Goog.

Any thoughts?

======================================
SEO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
kaptai2013 is offline   Reply With Quote