Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
munna85

A few problems with choosing the next step!

Ok so my computer is not too slow, but its not fast at all.

My current spec is:

Processor - Intel Celeron 325 - Socket 478
Motherboard - Lite-On Tech 08FCh
RAM - 1280mb DDR Single Channel PC2100 & 3200
Graphics - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Power Supply - Lite-On PS-5251-6LF - 250W
HD - 20GB & 80GB

Ok so what im wanting is more RAM, but my MOBO is so anciant it is expensive! Im also wanting better

speed so didnt know if I should get a new processor!

I have 3 other computers lying around and these are some spare parts I have which i was wondering if i

could add any to improve my system!

Processors:
AMD 27067
AMD Athlon axda2600dkv3d
Intel Celeron 800
(Now i know they may not fit my MOBO but i also some more MOBOS here:

MOBO's
DFI CW35-S
BONA BN793
AS ROCK ATA133

Power Supplys
FSP 150W
MERCURY 300W
EZ COOL 400W

Now this is all the spares I have, i was wondering if anyone knows whether any of these are better than

my current setup I have a feeling that maybe the AMD Athlon, The AS ROCK and the EZ cool are all better

than my current setup? These are all also together in a case ATM so if that is true it shouldnt be too

hard to swap over, will my RAM be compatible on that MOBO?

Thanks alot you guys also could you recooment and MOBO/Processor combo or seperate that is £60 or less

as this is my budget for the minute, i saw some i3's on ebay for £30 so i was thinking maybe one of

those?

Im a noob to the whole upgrading hardware but i need something a little more powerful! Thanks a bunch,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
munna85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #2
Ryan smith

Thanks you guys for sharing such a very useful information.

Ryan smith is offline   Reply With Quote