Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Programming > Programming General > Javascript

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
ncjbhd

How can I Disable a Form Field?

Hi,
I know how to disable a field if a checkbox is checked, but I need to disable it if another text field has a "0" in it. For instance...
Let's say I have 2 fields - bikes and redbikes.
If I say I have 2 bikes I want to know how many are red. But if I have "0" bikes, I want to disable the redbikes field (since I already know I have no red bikes).
Can anyone give me an idea how to do this?
Thanks for your thoughts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Spoint_Vinil

you can use disable property of field you re using fir this purpose.
see the code seems like this

document.form_1.text_1disable=true

|
Spoint_Vinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
smmexpertss

An HTML form with a disabled input field:

<form action="demo_form.asp">
First name: <input type="text" name="fname"><br>
Last name: <input type="text" name="lname" disabled><br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
smmexpertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
etechstack

Set attribute as disabled in input tag. if you want to disable on runtime use jquery attr to disable attribute by using selector id or class.

JPG to PNG Converter
Image Resizer
LIST OF ALL CMD COMMAND

LINK GODADDY SUBDOMAIN TO TUMBLR

Last edited by etechstack; 12-15-2015 at 10:59 AM..
etechstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:40 AM   #5
varunindia88

The impaired trait is a boolean quality.

Whenever present, it determines that the <input> component ought to be impaired.

An incapacitated info component is unusable and un-clickable.

The debilitated credit can be set to keep a client from utilizing the <input> component until some other condition has been met (like selecting a checkbox, and so forth.). At that point, a JavaScript could uproot the incapacitated esteem, and make the <input> component usable.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
varunindia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:40 AM   #6
James More

To implement this functionality you can use jquery and check if the filed is zero than other field will be disable.Moreover you can easily find the examples of this over google.
James More is offline   Reply With Quote