Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
James12smith

Should I use short or long urls on Social sites

Hello,

I have one question. Should I use short or long URLs when submitting my blog articles to social bookmarking sites?

If I keep submitting them every two days, does Google penalize my sites for submitting the same social sites every day, like Facebook, google plus?

If yes, should I use short urls instead?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
James12smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
marrick

Why would you submit the same url over and over again? It can be done only if you are sharing a very useful information. For the URL, it doesn't matter if you are sharing a long or short URL. What matters is the quality of content.

|

|
|

marrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
jobtardis92

Short URL is the best one to use in social media sites. Because user should not get irritated by seeing the long url in social media sites.

jobtardis92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
thomosmax

Short url is basically used in twitter like social medias where text or character length are limited and you can just type the limited characters like in tweets. In this case, short url can save your space.
thomosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
areeshanoor2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomosmax View Post
Short url is basically used in twitter like social medias where text or character length are limited and you can just type the limited characters like in tweets. In this case, short url can save your space.
you are right dear.

|
|
areeshanoor2020 is offline   Reply With Quote