Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
eooc.box

Raising Money for local non profit organisation

I am delving into something here with a local good cause/charity, and was hoping for some advice...

My aim was to get 6 businesses to buy advertising on one side of a flyer for £50 each(£300 total), and on the other side advertise the 'good cause/charity' with a link to a website. This website would give more information about the good cause, with a link to their website, and also a link to a just giving page for this good cause.

We would run a competition on the good cause side of the flyer for a 'prize', the prize is not decided yet, but would get a local business to provide the prize in return for advertising on the website. We would print 10,000 flyers and distribute them door to door. For every £1 donated on the just giving site you receive 1 entry into the prize draw.

I have 6 businesses in place who are willing to pay for the flyers, but wonder if this is legal or classed as a lottery? If so is there any way round this, as i am not profiting from this opportunity, all proceeds raised will go to the good cause...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eooc.box is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
zxzx

I dont know.

zxzx is offline   Reply With Quote