Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #1
shrikantha

Question What Happens If I Migrate My Site To https from http?

Hello all,

I want to migrate my site to https from HTTP. But I'm in a big confusion like what happens if I do it and what are the steps I need to follow after migration. Thanks and I appreciate the best answers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
shrikantha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2018, 12:25 AM   #2
MichaelMedi

First create setup google webmasters and check the google search engine statistics.
then,

Setup Google Tag Manager
MichaelMedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
Sojan Babu

8 Steps to Move Your WordPress Site to HTTPS:
  • Back Up Your Website.
  • Implement Your SSL Certificate.
  • Add HTTPS to the WordPress Admin Area.
  • Update the Site Address.
  • Change Links in Your Content and Templates.
  • Implement 301 Redirects in .htaccess.
  • Test and Go Live.
  • Update Your Site Environment.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sojan Babu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #4
travelowebseo

Hi,
If your SEO is affected negatively, this is usually only temporary. You see, Google treats https:// and http:// URLs as two different entities. Even if you set up 301 redirects (as we have done above), those only transfer 90-99% of the link juice. That's why your rankings might go down in the beginning.

|
|
|
|
travelowebseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
RH-Calvin

Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.

| $1 VPS Hosting

| Windows Server with Remote Desktop Access

| Servers with Free IPMI Setup
RH-Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote