Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Internet Promotion > Traffic Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
ORLOVA

The best URL structure for local SEO?

I would like to build a new website for my local business and I was wondering, what is the best URL structure I should build in order to increase my SEO rankings locally?

Also if possible, I would like to know site structure too. Thanks in advance.

Newspaper Ad Agency in Delhi
ORLOVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
manige3e

Location: UNIT 1B THE SUMMIT MANCHESTER ROAD BURNLEY BB11 5HG
A URL is human-readable text that was designed to replace the numbers (IP addresses) that computers use to communicate with servers. They also identify the file structure on the given website. A URL consists of a protocol, domain name, and path (which includes the specific subfolder structure where a page is located)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

manige3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:54 AM   #3
doorhardwareuk

Best example Of good Url Structure is o following:
domain. com/state/city/service/
It doesn’t mean it is a ranking factor, but it means if we have two URLs and one is really short and sweet and this other one has this long parameter attached to it and we know they show exactly the same content we will try to pick the shorter one.
There are lots of exceptions there, different factors that come into play, but everything else being equal - you have a shorter one and a longer one, we will try to pick the shorter one

doorhardwareuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
nomad80

thank you here you can find more

nomad80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:22 PM   #5
Sachin89765

Keeping URLs as simple, relevant, compelling, and accurate as possible is key to getting both your users and search engines to understand them (a prerequisite to ranking well). Although URLs can include ID numbers and codes, the best practice is to use words that people can comprehend.

|

Sachin89765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:45 AM   #6
wellliving

hi

I would go for /tree-removal-nassau-county. Google has significantly diminished the power of EMDs, but having the keyword in the URL continues to be an important ranking factor.

https://www.welllivingshop.com/mattress-toppers/

|
|
|
|
wellliving is offline   Reply With Quote