Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Google

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
ncjbhd

Google and merging two website to a new domain

Hi,

I have a 2 travel websites and I want to merge then to become one large site (both of these are purely vb forums). I also have a new domain name for this website which is a lot better than the other two.

However, my problem is that the new domain has no backlinks as I have just purchased it.

So my question is - what is the best thing for me to do from a search engine perpective, as I don't want to loose all my traffic.

If I 301 redirect both old sites to the new website, what will happen ?? ie does google then reward to backlinks of the old sites and their domain ages to the new website ??

I would be interested to know your thoughts and particularly from anyone who has done this.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Online_Loan

I think , If you do 301 redirect you will get only traffic not backlink, instead of using 301 redirect you can use 302 redirect & build backlink for your new domain after some period you can used 301 redirect .hope it will help you..

Online_Loan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
DarkAngel

I think you sould be follow to online loan, he is sharing good method.

DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote