Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Nullified

Arrow Speed up FireFox

As most of you already know, several years back Mozilla developed one of the first open source web browsers. But most people don't even know what that is. In the simplest terminology: open source means that the source is open for public use.

One of the most useful and barely touched features of FF is the ability to openly configure operational settings that most browsers hard code when compiled. I am going to briefly present you with some healthy reconfigurations that may speed up your browsing experience.

Addons:
Addons take additional time to load upon runtime.
Disable any and all extensions and plugins that you do not need ff to utilize.

Configurations:
These configuration changes are designed for broadband (high bandwidth) network connections and can have adverse affects if applied to low bandwidth tunnels.
Configuration changes specified are not static values and should be adjusted according to the specifications of your network. In no way should adjustments be made if you are unsure of the outcome.

Type "about:config" in the address bar and Click OK

For each setting just paste it into the search bar and results will populate.
For boolean settings a double click will toggle
For integer settings a double click will present a popup asking for integer input

network.dns.disableIPv6 = true
Note: Setting this to true prevents delays caused by improperly configured IPv6 servers, but does disable IPv6 alltogether

browser.display.show_image_placeholders = false
Note: Setting this to false disables showing of image placeholders while images are loading.

browser.tabs.animate = false
Note: Setting this to false disables tab animations

network.prefetch-next = true
Note: Setting this to true enables fetching the contents of linked pages in the background prior to clicking them

network.http.max-connections = 24
network.http.max-connections-per-server = 8
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy = 12
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 4
Note: Thse integers represent the number of maximum number of connections/persistent connections per proxy/server

network.http.pipelining = true
network.http.proxy.pipelining = true
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests = 8
Note: Setting these allows multiple simultaneous requests to a server, but not all servers support this behavior

browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl = true
Note: Setting this to true enables caching of objects secured through SSL

Right Click anywhere and choose New > Integer
As preference name input "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" with 0 as the value
Note: This integer value indicates the time to wait before renduring page data

As preference name input "content.notify.backoffcount" with 5 as the value
Note: This integer value indicates the number of initial reflows during timer-based renduring

As preference name input "ui.submenuDelay" with 0 as the value
Note: This integer value indicates the time to wait before displaying menus

The following will move your cache from the hard disk to RAM and should only be utilized if you have gratuitous amounts of RAM and do NOT have a SSD (pointless move with a SSD).
browser.cache.memory.enable = true
As preference name input "browser.cache.memory.capacity"
As integer value put an integer that will represent your cache pool in kilobytes (131072 as 128MB) or enter -1 to let FF determine based on your installed memory.

Be sure to check out FireFox Aurora for the newest innovations within an experimental environment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nullified is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
JACKADEN

its really works guys i have tried it its amazing...thanks brother for this post..

::
JACKADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
sam davis

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, will go ahead and try something here.

sam davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
webspekers

Yeps, It is really working trick, I miss some add on and plug inns after tried this trick.
webspekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
natashamary

I really do not like firefox at all. I always prefer Google Chrome for internet access as well as for downloading. It is really fast and has a lot of tools to make your internet surf easy and effective.
sql server training in chennai
sql server training in chennai
qtp training chennai
natashamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
Quanta-HIS

Its is really great,

|
Quanta-HIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
raj05

Morzila is already have good speed So that no require to do this.

raj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
jiyaalbert

Thanks for the information I need it. and I will try it.

jiyaalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
ShelleyM

Firefox is really a great browser and very fast, and always comes with new updates which is really good. Tips to speed up the Firefox is really very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
cobo_836

Recently, I have to use the Firefox browser, and I think this is very good.

/
/
/
cobo_836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
Steven peter

I like firfox ,this is best browser for me for seo work and I usually face the problem it become slow often , thanks to you for sharing this way which helps to make it more faster, great post man , thanks once again .

|
|
|
|
|
Steven peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
szenith1

Really effective info thanks for sharing for the other members , great man !
Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
stefijain

Hi,

thanks for your nice post, i would try and hope it will work better for me too.

|
|
stefijain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #14
Nullified

I'm glad you all appreciate this.

Nullified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #15
Wisestep

before the Mozilla fire fox is very fast and good, but now I'm getting stuck my whole computer i don't know why

Get paid for referring jobs. Recruiters get
Wisestep is offline   Reply With Quote