Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
helpout

Is Google and Yahoo SEO Techniques Same?

HI,

I was curious to know that Is google and Yahoo Seo Techniques are the same?

I have heard somewhere that Yahoo like no follow attribute where as google discard them.

Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

helpout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
storminternet

I think only google and yahoo itself can explain about their technique

|
|
|

Lifetime Hosting:
ISPA Award Winner: 2013-Best SME Hosting| 2014-Best Dedicated Hosting
Join the Storm Web Hosting
and get 20% of the sale value
storminternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Nikiehalliwel7

Having the keyword in the URL domain name is much more important in Yahoo than Google. Example: Seattle Realtor. Don't need many links for Yahoo to rank highly if you have seattlerealtor.com

Nikiehalliwel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
gauravmultiplex

All the off page SEO activities are same for both Google and Yahoo but there are some difference in on page SEO activities.

Factors affecting the Difference between Google and Yahoo SEO

* On Page SEO factors are given more importance by Yahoo
* Keyword density is critical for Yahoo
* Internal links count for page rank in Yahoo system
* Yahoo does not check Java and iFrame usage as much as Google bots does

Gaurav

SEO UK | Search Engine Optimisation Swindon
gauravmultiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
C.Rebecca

No, no two search engines use the same algos.
I read somewhere (and have experienced myself) that things like paid inclusion programs and cheesy reciprocal links work with Yahoo! They do have tall claims but that’s just on paper (/ me thinks)...

About Google discarding nofollow, I’d like to clear some curiosity. Almost all search engines crawl nofollow links but exclude them from their ranking calculation.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
shaunmark8

Yes,
I am agree with C.Rebecca
shaunmark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Marktwain

Hi,
I am also agree with C.Rebecca.

Nice post.... it's really good info..

Marktwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
bozzauto

same techniques to build back links for yahoo and google,but the ranking algorithm is different..

|
bozzauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #9
Venus Brown

I can say according to my observation that Yahoo gives more privilege to links then content, social presence etc.Whenever I work on specific keyword, its rank better in yahoo first and then rank on Google.

|
Venus Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #10
chinawigs001

very good information for seo beginners

chinawigs001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
buydomain

Google likes one way links and lots of keywords in the content - Yahoo & Bing like reciprocal links and keyword domain names - I have a site 6 months old (keyword: "cheap domain registration" and is also the site name (the org version) check out the rankings to see for your self) CDR ranks 18th on Google and number 3 on both Yahoo and Bing. Seems Yahoo and Bing use the same Algorithms because their results are amazingly the same, and AOL search is Google.

::
::

DynoNames.com a great place to register domain names & setup web hosting for any size website. Founded 2002
buydomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
nanadakson

The back links building is same for the both search engine but the technique that use for ranking is different.

nanadakson is offline   Reply With Quote