Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 03:47 AM   #1
fredpeterson543

Short URL or very long URL for SEO?

I have two questions, I am using SEO by Yoast on my Wordpress site and it shorten my url by removing stop words thus the urls are pretty short in many cases. Should I keep short url or allowing full/long url? according to you, which one should I use on post title ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fredpeterson543 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
smmexpertss

One of the most basic search engine optimization techniques is in using SEO-friendly URL structures. A good structure can help the indexation process of your website, but, unfortunately, there are plenty of websites that use incorrect, suboptimal URLs.
smmexpertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
evejones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredpeterson543 View Post
I have two questions, I am using SEO by Yoast on my Wordpress site and it shorten my url by removing stop words thus the urls are pretty short in many cases. Should I keep short url or allowing full/long url? according to you, which one should I use on post title ?
Can't get this:"it shorten my url by removing stop words thus the urls are pretty short in many cases. "

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
evejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:57 AM   #4
nathanleo

the length of a URL could affect the appearance of search snippets, but does not affect search rankings.

nathanleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 04:12 AM   #5
parkbogumm830

One of the most basic search engine optimization techniques is using SEO-friendly URL structures. Good structure can make your website easier to index, but unfortunately many websites use bad and suboptimal URLs.

|

|

|

|
parkbogumm830 is offline   Reply With Quote