Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
ncjbhd

Hosting Large Files

Hello everyone!

I somehow managed to stumble across this amazing site, which effectively saved me from the hordes of affiliates. I plan to eventually make a hosting decision by using the tutorials and reviews from this forum, but I am also facing an issue that perhaps some of you can help me with:

I hope to establish a web site that will allow users to download large media files, ranging from approximately 400 - 700 megs in size. I realize that bittorrent is a cost effective, reasonably reliable option to meet this need, although if possible I would prefer that the user have the option of downloading the file directly. Do any of you have any straightforward or unique ideas with regards to how this could be accomplished? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Tedel

Hi,

In 3 steps?

1. Buy your own server
2. Hire a lot of bandwidth to your ISP
3. Host the site yourself.

I say this because hosting services will hardly allow you to upload such great files for a start.
Tedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
a-b-c-d

Well, I am sure you need to choose a good host and dedicated server hosting solution will be the best option for your needs.
Try to look at Hostingsource.com dedicated hosting packages. They have stable and fast servers along with helpful support team.
They will pass on the savings to you due to 50%discount code.
a-b-c-d is offline   Reply With Quote