Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
taranum

Social Networking and Page Rank

Hi,

I had a Facebook fan page for one of my website and recently I merged this with my general Facebook fan page. I have read in couple of topics that social networking helps to build traffic for website.

My question is: Do Likes, Shares and Comments help pag rank or not? If yes, Which social networking website specifically? Is it only Google +?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
shrikant.softwi

Till now Google does not counts social media activities for ranking or helping to increase page rank. Google does not count how many likes your fanpage have or how many twitter followers you have.

However, social Media activities like facebook fan page & Twitter followers, will increase your overall traffic, pageviews, no. of people engaged with your site, and so on. These factors might help you to get high rankings and would help you to get a page rank.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Kolhapur Area.
Expert
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in Maharashtra
shrikant.softwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:01 AM   #3
seo_butterflyth

No, The signals come in from Social media sites is not help to increase your website ranking on Google search engine because the backlinks of social media sites is "nofollow" tag and Nofollow links is not helps to increase your website ranking.

- 100% Working and Valid hostgator Web Hosting Coupons
seo_butterflyth is offline   Reply With Quote