Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Google

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
ncjbhd

Google not indexing all pages?

Hi

I have spent some time converting my files over to mod-rewrite. On some of my sections, there are tens of thousands of pages. I have made sitemaps to make this content easier for google to find. However, I seem to hit a ceiling of pages that google can index for each section.

Each section is a different subdomain so it is easy for me to check site:subdomain.mysite.com. But whether a section has 12,000 or 70,000 pages available, only about 6,000 pages get indexed from that section max. Ive left the sections alone for a few months to see if the amount would go up, but it stays about the same.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to improve it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Commodityman

Have you check to see the robots.txt file to see how to direct the Googlebot for your website. If your site is being crawled or some of it, then you may have a restriction place in the file unknowingly.
Commodityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
devisrimari

hi,
is yours xml or html site map?

devisrimari is offline   Reply With Quote