Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Design > Graphic Design

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
rakesvyas44

Div with image, image with text on it

So pleased to find a forum with such long-term posters for help! Thanks in advance!

Probably very simple solution, but would really appreciate an explanation of how to create a page with the following:

I have a background image loaded fine for the body.
Next, I have a logo at the top - I made a div for that.
Next, and this is the trouble area ... I want to load an image and put text on the image. The image needs to be centered and the text needs to be in a particular position on the image.

After that, I have two more divs that are different colors and they will have text on them. Once of the divs will have three columns. Would love help with that part too.

So in summary, two questions:
1. how to put text on an image that is layered itself over another background image
2. how to put three divs within a new div layered on a background image, so that they create three columns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rakesvyas44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
ramonsalladesig

For you first question, you can create a simple div and use background-image cascade style sheet attribute for this div, for example:

ramonsalladesig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
ramonsalladesig

this is the way you can solve the first problem

For the second question, you can do this by creating a div, then putting three divs inside it, then making the insider div all float to right or left:

Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
ramonsalladesig

sorry couldn't put the code here, text editor didn't allow me!