Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
ncjbhd

getting hosting but not building a website - want domain to not resolve to anything

Im going to be obtaining hosting but will not be building a site. Ill use the hosting for personal hosting and email. Right now since I have no hosting my domain does not resolve to anything. When I do get hosting what will happen if I dont build a website? Will it still resolve to nothing? Is there anyway to keep it resolving to nothing? Also how can i keep it off search engines? Do I use the robots.txt file? Thx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
mastersite

I suppose you need to find right domain name registrar which will be able to host some of your files.
If you have your domain name registered now - transfer that to eurodns.com. They offer some web hosting for domain names registered through them.
mastersite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Michel001

If you need a good email hosting services, the best option will be pinellashosting.com in my opinion..
It has an amazing reputation for providing secured hosting service at very competitive price along with superb customer service.