Register on the forum now to remove ALL ads + popups + get access to tons of hidden content for members only!

Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Design > Graphic Design

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 04:35 AM   #1
sunled

Explain how you can fix blown out colors in light room?

Explain how you can fix blown out colors in light room?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sunled is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Waqqas_1007

From the before and after above, you can see that I edited quite a few things in this image, and did them all in Lightroom:

Removed electric outlet and handhole cover on ground
Straightened the photo
Cleaned up wall
Corrected overall white balance
Darkened exposure slightly
Darkened face and adjusted skin tone
Brightened and sharpened her eyes
These were all pretty easy fixes. But the sleeves on her shirt were driving me crazy! The problem is that they are blown out in the red and magenta color channels.

As I explained in the PSE article, blown out areas of your photo appear as pure white if all of your color channels are overexposed. However, if the problem affects only one or two channels, you get the bright oversaturated look that you see in the first photo above.
Waqqas_1007 is offline   Reply With Quote