Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > General Arena > General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #1
n00b007

What are Useful Wordpress Plugins

Hello,

I am looking for some interesting and useful wordpress plugins. Out of my own experience I have discovered some really good plugins, which I have listed here. However, I had also faced malware attack on my site after I installed some not-so-famous plugin.

Please post your favourite plugin name and why you use it for. This will really help all beginners like me. For start here is my list of tried and tested plugins. I have used them on my blog: www.elecrom.com

1) SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam : Simple and elegant plugin to prevent comment spam and preventing login attacks. Forces users to solve captcha before submitting a comment or login information.

2) Wordfence Security : Excellent plugin to secure the blog. It regularly scans wordpreorrss installation files and checks for malwares and unsolicited modifications of the files. It will also block malicious login attempts. NOTE: This will NOT protect your blog if you install malicious plugin and activate it.

3) WP-Optimize : This will let you to clean your wordpress database by removing junk data such as old post revisions. Cleaner database will increase response time of your blog.

4) WP Statistics : This plugin will give you detailed statistics about your blog visitors.

That's all from my side.

Let us all make our websites better and beautiful by sharing knowledge !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you do, you understand !! >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smile Please
>

Adventures of Curious Eagle >

Last edited by n00b007; 08-26-2015 at 09:21 AM..
n00b007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
Lemosys

Thanks for sharing nice detail on WordPress Plugins.Its really helpful Plugins for web development.

other Top 10 WordPress Plugins

1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
2. BackupBuddy
3. W3 Total Cache
4. Gravity Forms
4. Gravity Forms
6. Edit Flow
7. Soliloquy
8. Sucuri
9. Floating Social Bar
10. Disqus
Lemosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
n00b007

Hi,

Have you used them personally? They won't have any malicious code right ? Also, can you describe them in short ?

Thanks,

If you do, you understand !! >

Smile Please
>

Adventures of Curious Eagle >
n00b007 is offline   Reply With Quote