Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
eooc.box

How google defines links on your site?

Here is the situation: I compare links on my site and on site of my competitor in google. I type "link:www.mysite.com" and "link:www.hissite.com" and I see that he has much more links than I. But what is weird, is that almost all sites that link to him also link to me and google doesn't show it in my links. Why?

P.S. I checked the source code of those pages, that link to both of our sites, and I couldn't find the differences between those links. Both links are direct and link to correct URL.
P.P.S. Some of those links are more than 5 years old, so it can't be that google didn't index those pages with links on my site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eooc.box is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
mikiohung

Google backlinks check is not accurate. Use yahoo

mikiohung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
rummy26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiohung View Post
Google backlinks check is not accurate. Use yahoo
Will you please tell me the process how to check yahoo backlinks.

rummy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
anthonycasey868

nice post thanks

anthonycasey868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
dean1122

you know more people are using google back link checking tool so you should try this one.
dean1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
nptifitness

Google has gone so far as to suggest that any and all links within a sponsored post should be treated as sponsored links, even if you are linking to a friend or other reference source not financially connected to the blog post. If you are particularly concerned about it, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Google’s criteria for defining a paid link are different from those that the FTC uses. A paid link, in the eyes of Google, is

A text link placed on a blog sidebar, header, or footer that is paid for by an advertiser.

A text link within a post that was paid by an advertiser to be placed on your website.

A text link within a post in which the content was written at the request of an advertiser or sponsor, and was compensated with money and/or goods and services.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of Google’s business, the company is notoriously secretive about any situations that fall into a gray area not mentioned in the preceding list. This is because the Google folks need to keep their full ranking methodology secret so as to keep real spammers from exploiting the system.

nptifitness is offline   Reply With Quote