Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Web Hosting > Hosting Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
ncjbhd

VPS or shared?

I may have to move my website from my current host. The site is now on a semi-dedicated server.

In searching around this forum, it would seem that there's a few companies that get consistently good reviews. HostMySite.com is one of them.

I called them, and talked to the tech support guy first. (I'd rather get opinions from the person who solves the problems, not the person who promises no problems).

I told the tech guy and the sales guy the same thing about what I'm currently using: 40 to 70 GB's of bandwidth a month, a few gigs of drive space, MS SQL Server asp database, ASPUpload, ASPJpeg, stats software, daily backups, support for CDOSYS, and general hand-holding.

The tech guy said I should go with a managed VPS server. The sales guy said one of their shared server options would be fine.

The issue my current host has with me is the amount of server space and bandwidth that my site consumes. Wouldn't those be issues for either VPS or shared servers anyway?

Opinions much appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ncjbhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Edmund

I recommend you to use VPS solutions which are provided by reliable hosts such as AJKservers.co.uk. You will be pleased by their affordable prices, high stability and featured plans.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
roonboy

VPS all the way :P

-
-
roonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
omprakash9

you can go through review section of hosting companies you will get better idea about service and support.

omprakash9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
peterfreddy

I would suggest with VPS only for your hosting needs. Anyway before choosing a web host read more existing customer reviews and choose the best one. Being a satisfied customer of TuckTail.com . I would suggest this web host to you. This web host provides me a top class hosting service at low cost with 24/7 customer support. Their servers and services are highly stable and durable, which ensures hassle free hosting experience with 99.9% uptime.
peterfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #6
pbhalodwala

VPS Means virtual private server.

pbhalodwala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
hanhdong141

Mình sẽ theo dõi chủ đề này, rất hay.
hanhdong141 is offline   Reply With Quote