Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Making Money > Making money on the web

Notices

Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
nicoledeal

Start your SEO Before You Purchase a Domain

I wanted to share a few thoughts regarding my personal experience with IM. I do not profess to be an expert, so I try to apply what little common sense I have. All of my IM experience has come the way of hard knocks and hard work. If you are new you may be suffering from information overload. I would urge you to simplify things and keep it simple to begin with.

What confuses most of us is what to promote. My initial thought was to promote common high search high purchase volume products. I started with women's swimwear and cameras. The disappointment was overwhelming when I was not able to drive any traffic without paying for it, and that little paid traffic I did get did not convert. Little did i know that I was competing in a market that was dominated by big dogs, with much more experience than I will ever have.
I ran across one of many videos that was offering some product, and although I did not purchase the product I did take away some good ideas regarding market selection. Since then I have concentrated on finding products/services in underleveraged markets with manageable competition.
I first search for a product, not a keyword. The search for keywords comes later, and is an integral part of the process. Once I find a potential product, only then will I research to see if I can compete with the keywords necessary to drive traffic via a first page Google rank.

To locate a product I may use search terms such as " does work", or "how does work" to see what people are searching for, and needing a solution to a problem. This will give me ideas to start with, and then I can look to my affiliate networks to see if they have corresponding products to fill this potential need. I will also check to see if a potential product has an independent affiliate offering that may not be offered through my affiliate networks. Then I will search for those products to see what the competition looks like.

After this I will use an effective keyword research tool to do some in-depth research for hundreds of potential keywords, the search volume, and the competition. I do not rely on just the keywords that any tool will suggest. I may sit on the porch with a notebook and a cold drink and think of all the keywords a potential customer may use to locate a particular solution. I paid good money for my keyword search tools, but they sometimes miss some winning keywords. Keep them relevant, these need to be terms people are actually using to search with to find the solution you offer.

Remember, competition should be manageable. YOU get to pick what you promote. You will spend many hours building a site, and promoting it. It's worth it to spend a couple days researching your product/service selection before moving forward, only to discover your competition is overwhelming, and much worse, that you do not have the conviction and resolve to work hours on end promoting your site.....which is a whole 'nother deal in itself.

This is actually the short version of what I do, but I hope it gives you some insight as to where you might start. Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nicoledeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
project

Best Technique to earn money

To earning money online you can refer following article. This Articles tells methods and easiest way to make money online with latest techniques.

how to earn money online for free

Also you need to understand seo los angeles. the seo technique help you to become popular on web. read it know...
search engine optimization classes los angeles

money from adver