Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization

Notices

Old 08-28-2015, 01:28 AM   #1
Ruby707

Search Engines read duplicated content via JS?

I have a Responsive web site. As the browser width decreases in size, I need to shuffle around where content is placed on the page. For example, on Desktop element 1 is at the top of the page and element 5 is at the bottom of the page. On Mobile, element 5 is at the top and element 1 is at the bottom.

For the mobile view, I've just placed empty placeholder divs at the top/bottom. I then use jQuery to create a clone of the Desktop content in element 1 and insert it in the html() of the placeholder div on mobile. The code works and does everything I want it to. The reason I'm doing this is so that I don't have duplicated content on my page 2-3 times.

Will the Search Engines read this content 2-3 times? Will I be penalized? I ran the page through the Search Engine Simulator and the content only shows up once. 'View Source' only shows the content once. Using developer tools in Chrome, I see the content 2-3 times in the DOM.
Mobile App Developer usa | Game Developer usa | Mobile Application Development Firm
Ruby707 is offline   Reply With Quote