Go Back   Site Owners Forums - Webmaster Forums > Search Engine Optimization > Search Engine Optimization > Yahoo

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
bobo.cx

Need Clear Definition of Standard Match

Hi,

I'm new to YSM. Can anyone provide a better definition of Standard match than which is provided by YSM? Apparently, the "Standard match type displays your ads for exact matches to your keywords, as well as for singular/plural variations and common misspellings." The thing is, whenever I include different and new Standard match keywords, I get a message saying that my keywords cannot be included because they are duplicates. The keywords which I submit do have differences and are not singular/plural variations or common misspellings, so why would they be duplicates?

Here's an example:

Because I already have "free new car quote", the keyword "free quote for new car" is seen as a duplicate.

I'm therefore assuming from this example - and please correct me if I'm wrong - that Standard match doesn't take note of small words like "for" and "and", nor does it take note of the order of the words. Is that correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobo.cx is offline   Reply With Quote